Recent content by sportbrown

  1. S

    THR sportbrown's Hip Recovery

    10-Month Update: It's now been 10 months since my total hip replacement surgery. Is it better? Absolutely! Am I glad I had it done? Absolutely? Is it perfect? Absolutely not. Still a lot of stiffness, swelling in the leg, some pain, limited range of motion, resulting knee and back...
  2. S

    THR sportbrown's Hip Recovery

    You are always so good and encouraging. Such a nice person! Thank you!
  3. S

    THR sportbrown's Hip Recovery

    Hello Bonesmart Friends! Today marks my 6 month anniversary of my total hip replacement. My 5 month update was very discouraging. Since that time I have been trying to pay more attention to my body instead of plowing ahead with the exercises that everyone (PTs, docs) tend to recommend. I am...
  4. S

    Hemi-Arthroplasty Still need a walker and in pain five months after partial hip replacement.

    I'm sorry to hear of all the trouble recovering. It's always harder than we expect. I hope you continue to improve on your own. Sometimes time is what we need more than any further intervention. Best of luck!
  5. S

    THR sportbrown's Hip Recovery

    This is so nice. I expected someone to yell at me for hating PT, so I really appreciate the support. Will post back at 6 months.....hopefully in a better mood. Happy upcoming holidays to all!
  6. S

    THR sportbrown's Hip Recovery

    Thank you, Mendogal, for your reply. My recovery journey has certainly not been what I had hoped for or expected....it's been mostly a discouraging and disappointing journey from which I am beginning to realize I may never fully recover. My trust in the medical profession is at about a zero at...
  7. S

    THR sportbrown's Hip Recovery

    Five month anniversary today! My hip is certainly doing better, so that is the positive side. I am able to put my left sock on all by myself now. (Do I sound like a 3 year-old? Ha!) I had been walking longer, too, around the block, and getting in and out of bed and chairs more easily. But...
  8. S

    THR sportbrown's Hip Recovery

    Wow! Thanks for the tip on the risers. I will definitely get these. Also, the encouragement is very helpful to me emotionally, so I appreciate that more than anything. Will be back at the 5-month mark. Thanks again!
  9. S

    THR sportbrown's Hip Recovery

    Hello! Today is my 4-month anniversary. I'm doing about the same as I was at the 3-month anniversary....still very stiff, still pain upon getting out of chair or bed, still need assistance getting socks on, still walking slowly, etc. etc. Additionally, I've developed a bad case of tennis...
  10. S

    THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

    best of luck, and keep us posted!
  11. S

    THR When to have THR revisited?

    Hope you feel better....keep us updated!
  12. S

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    Always remember....the day of surgery is the first day towards getting better!
  13. S

    THR Once again scared as heck

    I concur with looking into HSS. That is where I had my surgery done as well.
  14. S

    THR Pain when sleeping on my side

    I am more than 3 months post-op and still have side sleeping pain as well. I also switch around during the night from side to back as needed.
  15. S

    THR Hip Hip Hooray!

    I am 3 months post-op and unable to get my left sock on, so I guess we just have to keep working on these things.
Back
Top Bottom