THR sportbrown's Hip Recovery

@sportbrown-im glad i stumbled across your post tonight. You are 3 months ahead of me & I understood all of what you went through. I agree with no apologies necessary, it is good for me to see I am not alone in this journey. I have felt like my back, shoulders & knee were affected as well. I have gotten a couple of massages which really has helped with the back & shoulder pain. Please continue to pos. Hope this next month goes well for you!!
 
10-Month Update:

It's now been 10 months since my total hip replacement surgery. Is it better? Absolutely! Am I glad I had it done? Absolutely? Is it perfect? Absolutely not. Still a lot of stiffness, swelling in the leg, some pain, limited range of motion, resulting knee and back pain, inability to sleep on the opposite side, etc. I am still trying to build up my walking and hope to get out more now that spring has sprung. Good luck to all who have come before and after me on their hip replacement journies!
 
Happy Ten Month Anniversary, sportbrown!
Good to read you're making great progress and not regretting the surgery. All will continue to improve as many note experiencing this in the second and even third years post op. If you're not already, it's not too late to Ice and Elevate when you're experiencing swelling and stiffness. Listen to your body, it will react when pushed beyond your current limitations. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :SUNsmile:
@sportbrown
 
Hi there @sportbrown :wave:

Timely update! Although I'm younger at 56. I skipped back to your first post in the thread and I identified with so much of what you said. This is my first day a bit down with it all. It will pass it was just a moment. Hubby's birthday and I usually make a fuss of him. Like you, I have issues that mean I'm still pretty limited at day 8. My non operated leg can hardly bear weight sometimes when I get up. It's still a marathon to get to the bathroom and back. Getting better but it's a battle to stay enthusiastic. Like you also my other half wasn't expecting it to be this bad. He's really struggled and not for lack of trying, I think it was just a shock. Had a bit of a wound emergency yesterday and like in your first post, I had a hint of ... Why did I do this? Then sitting bored and a bit down, I saw this update. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Wishing you all the best with your ongoing recovery. They say you really need to get past 12 months for a fuller recovery and even then the next year will bring further milestones. Keep smiling and enjoying your new hip :flwrysmile:
 
Great 10 month post op update & you will continue to improve. I was very good at one year post op & Year 2 was even better!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom