Recent content by Spirit65

  1. Spirit65

    Knee Infection Infection 6 months can't walk. Need some feed back

    Hi Steve. I haven't been on the site in quite some time but in that 5 months I have been working on recovering from the two stage revision. I had an infection and they took my components out in March and I had the spacer, pic line with antibiotics and no weight bearing til June when the new...
  2. Spirit65

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    Interesting theory on the teacher thing. I am one too!
  3. Spirit65

    Knee Infection Low grade infection 6 years after TKR

    Prep for lots of computer and tv time! Frustrating but worth it (or so I will find out tomorrow)! I used a walker for the first 6 weeks while on the antibiotics due to a pick line in my arm - can't lift or use for much weight. After that I have been on crutches and able to get around more...
  4. Spirit65

    Pre TKR "nesting" has begun, only 12 more days! !

    I think nervous is NORMAL! Good luck to you and ALL of us June Sunbeams!
  5. Spirit65

    2 Stage Revision - Infection cleared - left knee

    Thanks for posting @KarriB ! I am feeling nervous (probably an understatement) but I have been reading quite a few of the posts the last few days (and can't decide if that is ADDING to the nervousness). I am as prepared as I can be. The infection was handled with the antibiotics and I have...
  6. Spirit65

    TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

    I've enjoyed reading your thread - good reporting of progress and problems! I will be a month behind you on June 2nd! Very relatable as I am also a teacher and impatient (with myself)! The iceman sounds like something I need to look into
  7. Spirit65

    2 Stage Revision - Infection cleared - left knee

    Thanks @Josephine ! My OS called last night and said that the test results from fluid drawn last week are all good and we are a total go for June 2nd. Of course I am still nervous and feel like I have a lot to take care of next week but after 3 months of not using my left leg I can't wait to...
  8. Spirit65

    2 Stage Revision - Infection cleared - left knee

    My adventure is SMALL compared to hers! God bless!
  9. Spirit65

    2 Stage Revision - Infection cleared - left knee

    I am eagerly anticipating the 2nd part of my surgery on June 2nd. I will be happy to start actually making progress towards recovery as opposed to the holding pattern I have been in for the last 3 months while the infection was cleared. The doctor removed my components and put a spacer in and...
  10. Spirit65

    Knee Infection Low grade infection 6 years after TKR

    Hi Bob I don't have too much advice for you as I am waiting for stage 2 of the revision to be done in another two weeks. I had a coagulase negative staph infection after two years in my left knee replacement. I know that the pain that was on the inside subsided as the antibiotics did their...
  11. Spirit65

    2015 June Sunbeams - are you having knee surgery in June?

    June 2nd. Part 2 of 2 stage revision to my left knee! I can't wait to bear weight again!
Back
Top Bottom