Recent content by speccybecky

  1. S

    Live TKR op on (Uk)TV

    Been a while since I was on here, My new knee is nearly seven. I caught this tv programme this week and it was very interesting. The patient was awake with a spinal. I really enjoyed watching it and wish I’d been brave enough to stay awake for my own op. When you see what the surgeon does...
  2. S

    Revision TKR TKR 8 months later<

    That happened to me. I had a spot with a tiny white pus drop which eventually went to a small hole which everyone agreed was 'clean' and when they had a deeper look it was a knot of stitch. Nurse removed it and it healed nicely with no more problems
  3. S

    Would a hide-a-bed work after TKR until I can get upstairs?

    You should be able to do stairs before leaving hospital. My bed and bathroom is upstairs and it was doable, albeit Didn't need to be in a hurry to use the toilet! I did or to sleep in spare room but that was just because I was awake and my husband needed to get up for work. Do what is...
  4. S

    TKR 3½ years on

    @Spex10, ok I got that!
  5. S

    TKR 3½ years on

    Sorry, Josephine! I didn't mean to upset the party, I didn't realise I still had an open thread. Consultant just said it will need replaced at some point but keep it going as long as I can. I have regular acupuncture and it seems to be holding it. I don't need painkillers everyday. But trust...
  6. S

    TKR 3½ years on

    Here I am late to the party! We were on holiday in sunnier climes and saw in the New Year in Las Islas Canarias. Hard to believe my knee is nearly 5, and I greatly appreciate the help I got on here, i'd be lost without you all! My other knee is knocking at the door to be seen to next but have...
  7. S

    Revision TKR Loosening, RA ?Second Revision

    Shortie, my non tkr knee is also playing up, some days worse than others, and I'm not ready yet to have it replaced. I have been having acupuncture from my GP and, whether psychological or not, it seems to be helping!
  8. S

    TKR Five weeks in<

    At 5 weeks I was miserable and that's when I found bonesmart. Be kind to yourself, let your body recover and you'll be able to do steps in time
  9. S

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Don't expect your recovery to be quicker just because you are younger. It'll take as long as it takes
  10. S

    TKR Suffering from nerve pain^

    Take more medication! I was taking Tramadol and co codamol for about 3 - 4 months, don't try and be a hero!
  11. S

    Revision TKR if at first you don't succeed....<

    Can you try asking for an appointment with him? He maybe doesn't know what's going on? What about your GP?
  12. S

    Revision TKR if at first you don't succeed....<

    Have you tried phoning mr picard s secretary
  13. S

    TKR Progress report

    Think it's because nerves got cut. I still have a small numb patch
  14. S

    TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

    Can't do any harm although your knee will be warm for some time to come yet
  15. S

    Bilateral TKR Nerve pain<

    Be kinder to yourself. You have to take some time out and just wait , patiently, with ice, till your knees heal. Give them time. You will get there. I was like like you at first, although only one tkr, thought I'd skoosh the recovery and show everyone, I was wrong! I didn't feel better till...
Back
Top Bottom