Recent content by sowotiff

  1. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    Well, had a fabulous time in NOLA. Yes, I had some hip pain/ discomfort, but was able to manage getting around with Uber and the street car. Tomorrow is my follow up appointment with the surgeon. Hoping for a good report. And, hoping that all of my concern was just me setting my expectations...
  2. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    11 months post-op. Hi All- I had left hip replacement via anterior approach in February of 2018. Recovery has been mostly ok, but slow. I still get some thigh and groin pain, especially after extended use. I cannot run or even walk briskly. I exercise in the pool almost everyday, but...
  3. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    Hello everyone! I haven't checked in in awhile. Things have been going relatively smoothly. I still have a little numbness and sensation. I've been doing water aerobics almost everyday. Range of motion is increasing everyday. We're gearing up to go on our first real vacation post...
  4. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    Today was ok. I woke up with a twinge under my butt cheek on my op leg. It got progressively worse, but not unbearable, throughout the day. I wound up having to make an impromptu 3 hour roundtrip drive. This was a nice test to learn that, yes, I do need to break up car rides into smaller...
  5. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    6.5 Week Post-op- Things continue along relatively smoothly. Mobility and ROM increasing slowly day by day. Tomorrow I return to work and I am feeling ok about that. I originally thought I would want to try to extend my time off, but really I think I will be fine. Yesterday I was able to...
  6. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    5 weeks pot-op. I am happy to report a fairly uneventful recovery. Everyday I get a little stronger, can walk a little further. Only taking ibuprofen PM at bedtime. Not really needing to ice. Wishing I could walk a little further than I can. Yesterday I thought I was going to take a lap...
  7. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    @hipster333 unfortunately, my job isn't really conducive to working part-time. It would be more disruptive to the team. So, when I go back it will be full time. I could maybe do a few hours at the office and a few hours at home, but even that won't work the best. I put a call in to the...
  8. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    Post op- 1 month! Just checking in. Nothing really to report or share. Everything is progressing slowly but surely. Hoping the weather breaks, so that I can get outside a little bit more. Doing most thing around the house. Minimal pain, but I am still taking ibuprofen a couple of times a...
  9. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    Post op week 3 (almost)! Recovery is going well. I can get around pretty well without cane. Still take it with me when I venture outside of the house. Still taking ibuprofen routinely, but I have accidentally forgotten a dose or two which I think is a good sign. I'm pretty sure I should be...
  10. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    17 days post-op. Yesterday I had my first visitor. My BFF came and visited for a long time. We made lunch and went for my first stroll outside. Wow, I definitely noticed the slight hills in my neighborhood. However, it did feel good to get outside for a bit. Today I'll try another short...
  11. sowotiff

    THR Road to recovery

    Very nice! Today is my 2 week post-op too. I did 20 minute stroll through the grocery store and a pedicure. I am exhausted and definitely felt the physical drain on my operated leg. Came home to rest and ice. I am hugely amazed how rapidly the healing has happened in the last couple of...
  12. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    2 weeks post-op. Today SO returned to work. Grateful for the help and support, but am also grateful that she returned to work a few days early! The doting was getting to be a bit much. And, the dog stays so cranked up when she is around. Today should be peaceful and quiet. Tried again...
  13. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    Had my 2 week post-op visit today with the PA. X-ray looks good. Incision looks good. Staples removed (18 in all) yay! Steri-tape for another week or so. Supposed to continue TED on operated leg for 2 more weeks (yeah right)! Can drive today. No lotions/ oils, submersion until 6 weeks...
  14. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    Post-op day 12 lesson learned--- Not ready to transition to sleeping in the bed! Last night I thought I would try sleeping in my bed since I have been sleeping in the recliner since surgery. Not a great idea. I started with a pillow between my knees that seemed to help for the first couple of...
  15. sowotiff

    THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

    Wondering about Keloids? Wondering if anyone on here has experience with or treating Keloids. Keloids, for those who do not know, are essentially raised scars that occur after surgery, tattoos, cuts, etc. They are most prevalent in those with higher melanin in the skin. I have not had them...
Back
Top Bottom