Recent content by sophie03

  1. sophie03

    TKR Pes anserine bursitis after TKR

    I am 6 months post op from a RTKR. Saw OS today for my 6 month checkup. For the past week and a half I have been having really bad pain on the inside of my knee. Long story short, my OS diagnosed pes anserine bursitis today. Since I'm not able to take anti inflammatory meds he prescribed an anti...
  2. sophie03

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    Can't seem to log in to answer your message. Will keep trying.
  3. sophie03

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    Sonja, I am supposing by now you have completed everything you needed to get done. I am sure you are exhausted. When I was in graduate school I had a very perceptive professor that noticed my tendency to "overachieve." He made me contract with him that I would only get a "B" in his class - not...
  4. sophie03

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    Sonja, I know trying to keep up with school work and work on recovery is exhausting. When I went back for my Master's I was doing it while working full time, had 2 children in grade school and taught a Diversion class for first time offenders one night a week. When I look back I don't know how...
  5. sophie03

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    Sonja, So glad to hear your good news. Life is good. Continue your journey my friend. We are behind you.
  6. sophie03

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    My dear Sonja. I have followed your thread since my TKR in April of this year. You have been a great source of information, an uplifting shot in the arm when I needed it most, and a tremendous inspiration to so many people. But, all that being said, you are also human and face the trials and...
  7. sophie03

    TKR chubby but still changing my life through TKR

    kneeper and Dulcimer Diva Thanks so much for your responses. I am trying today to go without any pain meds at all. I'm not too miserable but I still have some pain. Maybe I will just try the tylenol and see if that gives me relief. Sandy - I agree with you about the medical definition of obese...
  8. sophie03

    TKR chubby but still changing my life through TKR

    Thought I would check in with an update and a question. I am 13 weeks post op right TKR. I came back to work part time at 8 weeks for about 2 weeks and have been full time since then. This is going fine. Did fight that horrible fatigue for about the first week but after that it leveled off and I...
  9. sophie03

    TKR Doc says no more pain meds

    Just checking in to see if you were able to get your meds from the doc. Hope you did and you are more comfortable and in less pain now.
  10. sophie03

    TKR Doc says no more pain meds

    Sorry - OS stands for Orthopedic Surgeon.
  11. sophie03

    TKR Doc says no more pain meds

    I truly understand the panic you are feeling. I went through that exact same thing with my OS. I had called on a Friday for a refill of my oxycodone at 4 weeks and and the nurse said he was not going to refill it and "we will deal with it on Monday when the OS is there." Well, that meant going...
  12. sophie03

    TKR chubby but still changing my life through TKR

    Haven't checked in for a while so thought I would give an update on how I am doing. I am now 11 weeks post op and have been back to work since week 8. I started out part time - for 2 weeks - and now I have been working full time since about June 17th. It is going well for the most part. I am...
  13. sophie03

    TKR chubby but still changing my life through TKR

    bassplayer I think I may have been overdoing it lately and sleep has been a struggle, so you might be right. I am trying to slow down and relax a little more. I think when we have this surgery and deal with this long recovery, we get so anxious to return to our activity level. So, overdoing it...
  14. sophie03

    TKR chubby but still changing my life through TKR

    leejaa. Thanks for your response and encouragement. I admire you for setting the date for your next surgery. But, it will be so great to have two good knees and you will be able to do so much more. I will have to consider having my other knee done at some point too but I am hoping to hold off a...
  15. sophie03

    TKR When to transition from walker to cane?

    Oh Harpkayer I just feel so bad for what you have had to endure. - both physically and emotionally. I am almost 10 weeks post LTKR and thankfully had a really good in home PT for 6 weeks - 3 times a week. He was gentle and understanding. Never pushed me to the point of pain. My OS did not feel...
Back
Top Bottom