Recent content by soccerdad

  1. soccerdad

    THR soccerdad's recovery thread<

    Positive thoughts. OMG this leg started off much better than the first one but seems to have taken a bad turn. Just keeping it elevated and on ice. My leg has really swollen up. Just needed to post something and vent a little to those who know what this is like. OUCH!!!!!!!I know it will all...
  2. soccerdad

    THR soccerdad's recovery thread<

    Thank you Layla. ALL done with surgeries. Guess I’m on the second other side... Surgery went very well today. No issues and just relaxing in my hospital bed. Actually nice and peaceful with no screaming kids or barking dogs or honeydue lists from my wi....oh better not finish that last one...
  3. soccerdad

    THR soccerdad's recovery thread<

    Greetings gang. Coming up on 12 weeks post THR 1. Less than 2 weeks away from round #2 but with how great my new hip is feeling looking forward to it....well not the pain and recovery. Pain free on the new hip side and still working on getting it stronger. Im able to put on my own socks...
  4. soccerdad

    Hip Infection* THR Take Two, 2.5 years later

    I’m definitely going with the little plastic urinal for my next surgery. Getting up 3 times a night when I could barely get out of bed, slolum around the dogs, try to maneuver a walker bigger than the door frame to get into the bathroom, slolum back around the dogs ( you would think they would...
  5. soccerdad

    THR Celebrating one at a time, encore!

    Hope everything went as planned today. thoughts and prayers.
  6. soccerdad

    THR soccerdad's recovery thread<

    So as stubborn and impatient as I can be it’s time for me to listen to my body and take your advise and really limit my activity level. I decided to stop going for PT and not doing any extra excercise except some walking and helping out around the house. I Also reduced work to a half day at the...
  7. soccerdad

    THR Hello All

    Yeah, I agree. Not sure I want to know what exactly is being done to me while I’m asleep.
  8. soccerdad

    THR soccerdad's recovery thread<

    Hi josephine. 1. Anterior approach 2. Pain level on average I would say a 3. Very minimal in the morning hours but gets worse as the day goes on. I would say a 5 for the worse pain during the day. 3. Prescribed hydrocodone 5-325 mg 1 tablet every 4-6 hours as needed. I’m down to 1-2 per...
  9. soccerdad

    Hip Infection* THR Take Two, 2.5 years later

    Wishing you the best during your surgery tomorrow. You will do just fine. Let us know how everything goes. Best of luck!!!!
  10. soccerdad

    THR Anterior - 3 weeks in recovery<<

    Hi skydove, Looks like we have the same surgery date. Hope you are have a good day. I know I still have good days and bad days. Hang in there and best wishes to your recovery. Happy 6 weeks!!!
  11. soccerdad

    THR soccerdad's recovery thread<

    Of course, please ask away. I’m curious on what kind of chronic issues can result from PT.
  12. soccerdad

    THR soccerdad's recovery thread<

    I have been a lot more active and pushing PT pretty hard the last week. So my biggest concern since the surgery has been the stiffness in my quad and try to get my leg to bend. It’s improved a lot over the weeks but still no where near where it needs to be. I’ve been using a stationary bike but...
  13. soccerdad

    THR soccerdad's recovery thread<

    Thank you everyone for the support. My surgery was July 31st. I’m also scheduled for my left hip replacement November 6th.
  14. soccerdad

    THR Two New Hips in Six Weeks

    Best of luck on your second surgery. I had my right hip replacement 7/31/18 and my left hip is scheduled for 11/6/18. It’s reassuring to read all of these posts and to know I’m not the only one going through this process.
  15. soccerdad

    THR soccerdad's recovery thread<

    This forum has been awesome for me and has helped me through this process greatly. I’m coming up on 6 weeks Post op. I was doing really well and off pain meds but I’m having a set back. I’m having pain all of a sudden from my hip down to my foot. The worst is an annoying dull pain in my shin all...
Back
Top Bottom