Recent content by snowleopard

  1. S

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    Hello, all! I didn't mean to tumble off the turnip truck, but there I went. Whew! In bed w/feet up, floss dangling, and the day behind me. Speaking of floss, I've been pushing myself to improve my flossing and oral hydro-pik habits, and I'm getting pretty solid with that. It's been...
  2. S

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    Good news! The specialist to whom I was sent went over to the clinic where the films were shot and looked at them herself. She said that what they were seeing was "a summation"--different little things that were visually stacked and added up to look like a something, but that turned out to be...
  3. S

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    @Raffs, thank you. No more birds, and for the most part, no fretting. I went back to the Pink Ribbon place yesterday for another mammogram. The tech seemed to be missing a few clues, as she sat me down and asked me to fill her in on the story so far. I did: "I had a routine screening, was...
  4. S

    TKR Betterment for Boop starting 6/23/15

    Thanks for the stretches, @alexthecat. What about a zero gravity chair? That would support the back of your knee. If you're at a computer, and could move the keyboard to your lap, you might be able to manage that. I was able to move a small couch--the size they call a chair-and-a-half...
  5. S

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    I think she thinks I ate the bird. Cat got out again. Opened the door awhile ago, and she came zipping in and had something in her mouth. Headed downstairs to the kitchen, and then started yowling loudly for me (very atypical). I went down to see what was up, and there was a small bird...
  6. S

    TKR Where did my energy go?<

    Good on you! I've dabbled my toes at returning to work; a half-day here, a day there. I just completed my first full week back, and my routine (following in the footsteps of @Slainte) was to come home from work, feed the cat, eat, take a shower, and go to bed. One night I fell asleep at...
  7. S

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    Deal indeed! Thank you for the healing energy and for the vision of next summer. And since you are now `one of us', you should know about the mudslide. Sitka is hurt; you may want to google it.
  8. S

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    Hello, and thank you all for the support. It really means a lot to me. I'm already sorting out the people in my life from the I-can-talk-to-you-about-this ones to the rest. And it's surprising to see who falls into which category. For example, I have no intention of talking to either one of...
  9. S

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    So I got a call back from the doc, nice of her since her office is closed on Friday. She said there was a "complexity", a "very little area" that she just wants to get another look at. She used the word "worrisome" at one point, but said that it was less than a centimeter, and that was good...
  10. S

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    @Braunzie, I am . . . ahem . . . happy for you. If his delivery area is limited, that would be the place for it. :heehee: Had the ultra-sound follow-up to the mammogram today. First saw a very nice lady doctor, who looked at me through her machine, then decided to send me down the hall to...
  11. S

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    @Braunzie, does he deliver? @Slainte, after work yesterday my leg was very sore, so I decided that instead of sitting in my desk chair for half the day and then moving to my couch, icing, and elevating for the rest of the day, I would only sit in my desk chair when I was meeting with people in...
  12. S

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    @Slainte, I used your description of your day as a model for my own yesterday when I went back to work. I actually set alarms on my phone to give me a schedule for caretaking myself and to keep my focus on the priorities. "Now it is time to drop everything else and . . ." I also set...
  13. S

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    @KarriB, to be fair, he offered. He even invited me to stay at his house. But I declined because he's a loose cannon. I never know how he's going to behave, and I didn't want to be vulnerable to his blow-ups if they occurred when I was unable to get up and get away. I also felt that any...
  14. S

    TKR Right TKR 6/5

    I am a little concerned. I go back to work hot-and-heavy for our most intense season of the year, ten weeks w/no breaks to speak of, starting Monday. I just came downstairs to do some food prepping and am resting on the couch after making a batch of over-fried almond-crusted chicken fingers...
  15. S

    TKR Almost 5 years post RTK, still having issues

    Pure vitamin E oil. A one-oz bottle costs about $7 for the generic store brand, and I've used about half of the bottle. I left it alone until the wound healed over, and gradually started working it gently in, esp. after a shower. Now I usually hit it every day. Bear in mind that my knee is...
Back
Top Bottom