Recent content by SnowHare

  1. SnowHare

    TKR Dear Diary, Surgery Complete

    Dear Diary, Four and and half months! Where has the time gone? Saw the physiotherapist at the rehab hospital. I am the victim of my own laziness. Yes, I have pain. Yes, it does get better with exercise. I am to do the beginning exercises of sitting leg lifts, holding the lift, doing little...
  2. SnowHare

    TKR Dear Diary, Surgery Complete

    Dear Diary, Three months now. There's the good, there's the bad, and there's the ugly. The good - flexion is getting close to 140. I'm starting to try to walk without the cane. The bad - I don't have much standing strength. Swimming is sometimes painful, especially along the outer areas...
  3. SnowHare

    TKR Still on crutches 9 weeks after TKR

    Hi @MC Knee I had my surgery the day before yours. I can now walk around the house without assistance, but I still use a cane when I go outside. I have strong legs from swimming, but I lack strength to put weight on my legs for any length of time. I don't trust my legs to carry me any great...
  4. SnowHare

    TKR I rode the roller coaster. Knee Replacement May 14.

    @Ziggy100, in my experience, I have found it counterproductive and absolutely crazy making to compare how other people are doing. We are all different. Yes, I envy people who can do this, or that at the same stage I'm at, and I wonder how on earth they are able to bend, straighten, walk, climb...
  5. SnowHare

    TKR Dear Diary, Surgery Complete

    Actually it was the physiotherapist, but the surgeon was 100% supportive that I focus on the soft tissues, since everything else is going well. He wants me to stretch my leg out on the coffee table, put a very light weight on my knee - just a few ounces - and watch netflix. I was impressed the...
  6. SnowHare

    TKR Dear Diary, Surgery Complete

    Dear Diary: Surgeon Followup I saw the surgeon today. Good stuff - I am now bending at 128 degrees. The clinic physiotherapist was quite impressed. Not so good is my extension, at 8. We discussed my pain. She agreed with the group physiotherapist that it could be from overdoing it, or maybe...
  7. SnowHare

    TKR R TKR May 6

    @mendogal Here's how I keep track of lengths in the pool - I swim 2 lengths chanting in my head "One, two, buckle my shoe." The next two lengths are "Three, four, shut the door." And so on. I keep going up to my plate's empty, then start the count again. I usually do about 36 laps. When I do...
  8. SnowHare

    TKR Dear Diary, Surgery Complete

    Dear Diary - Happy Week 6!!! Last week's field trip to the Take to Make took me until Friday to recover. I hurt a lot, and I felt a lot weaker walking. I was managing walking around the house without support, but last week, I had to use a cane indoors. Fun stuff from this week: Reducing the...
  9. SnowHare

    TKR Trying to stay positive so frustrated

    @Limpycat I actually cringed, when I read that. I had that done with my first knee replacement, and my PT said my husband had to do the pushing on my leg above and below the knee to assist in straightening it. It was horrible. I don't think it actually did any good in the long run.My leg never...
  10. SnowHare

    TKR April rainbows

    @Peterfox We share the same surgery date! You seem to be coming along very well. Are you really doing 6000 steps a day? I couldn't do that pre-surgery. I can manage 12 minutes of walking outside with cane, then I have to come inside and ice. My only claim to fame is excellent bending skills...
  11. SnowHare

    TKR Dear Diary, Surgery Complete

    My previous post was written on Monday. Today is Tuesday. Still exhausted. I did not sleep through my alarm, but I crashed and slept for 2 hours this morning. It's harder to walk, and I'm still hurting. I put the groceries away, and that is my 10 minutes of activity for this portion of the day.
  12. SnowHare

    TKR Dear Diary, Surgery Complete

    Dear Diary: Happy 5 Weeks Things I have learned: Be patient Don't overdo it It's hard to knit on your back while icing I went to the take to make on Saturday and really overdid it. I didn't mean to, but I did. Then I went out for lunch, which entailed a wee bit of a walk. At the end of...
  13. SnowHare

    TKR Kiwicurls TKR 27 Feb 2024

    Yup. It's on the list of no nos, along with any knee twisting.
  14. SnowHare

    TKR Kiwicurls TKR 27 Feb 2024

    Where is my Envy button. I have to wait until I see my surgeon at the end of the month to see if I can get into the pool early. I was told initially that I would have to wait 12 weeks before pool time and definitely no whip kicks.
  15. SnowHare

    TKR Kiwicurls TKR 27 Feb 2024

    @sistersinhim @EalingGran My GP was unaware that Diclofenac came in suppositories. I had been prescribed them by my previous GP. They are not commonly used. I knew an obstetrics nurse, who said they used them in the post natal ward. We were comparing how hard the suppositories were to open...
Back
Top Bottom