Hello!
Welcome to the forum! I broke my neck of femur in February of 2022 so more than a year ago. Actually 18 months ago and it was a very difficult time for me. I had lots of pain and muscle weakness. It took a very long time so patience is key. The bone healed pretty quickly as I was 54 at...
This is beyond unacceptable! Sitting in your own urine and no pain meds??? I would definitely report him and the hospital or surgery center to the better business bureau!
Hi and welcome to Bone smart! I fell and broke my femur a year ago this coming February. I still have the pins in and am not planning on taking them out. It’s been a long recovery and am just starting to feel like myself again. I started swimming and doing Pilates privately just a few weeks ago...
Hi @Klassy @myglasshalffull and @Mojo333! So good to hear from you all! I just got back a week ago from France. Was gone 9 weeks! Can’t believe it really!
Hippie did fine all in all. Would get a bit sore here and there but nothing too bad. My friend I was staying with is a certified Pilates...
Hello from Portugal! I am at the airport and back on the forum and happy to see your 10th month anniversary!
And your puppy!! I’m doing well and been traveling since early October! Hugs to all.
Hi @MJK and @Hobbling Along!
Funnily enough I also just got diagnosed with Osteoporosis:( I’m 55 and fell skiing but I’ve been skiing a long time and this fall wasn’t that bad so clearly the bone is frayed!
Anyway I am at 7 months post hip pinning and I am currently on a trip to France from...
Omg she’s so cute! I love her face. I wonder how big she will get? We saw a yellow lab the other day and he kept pawing me to pet him and when I got up I was covered in yellow dog hair. I wear black all the time lol and I had forgotten how much they shed. I bet Tula doesn’t shed? I’m so happy...
Hello friends!
Just a quick update: I had another follow up with Dr. Handsome-This time I was running late and he was too but whatever...after the usual x-ray he came in and said "I'm not going to lie-Xray looks great and you are in fact all HEALED." I said great but I am still having trouble...
Hiiiii @Klassy and Tula!! You are both absolutely adorable! So nice to see a picture of you dear Klassy and so happy for you to have found your dogga. I can believe about potty training LOL and so sweet of you to spend the night next to her by the crate. My dog HATED the crate and absolutely...
Hi @MJK! How are you doing? So glad you are not feeling too much pain. It seems you are resting and doing what your OS told you. I am sure the crutches are a bit of a pain but hopefully you will be able to put some weight on that leg. I have never stepped on my foot but even some minor missteps...
@YogaLesley I came back from the wedding in Canada and it took us 11 hours to drive back OMG. I was driving for about 3 hours of it though and laying in the back seat most of the time so I can imagine how uncomfortable you must have been after all that driving. I think you should absolutely do...
I’m sure you’re glad to be home! Do you have help at home with meals and everything? Do you have stairs? I’m still struggling with going up stairs. Down is ok. Glad your pain is being controlled. The non weight bearing is a bit of a pain but I guess forces you to stay put and heal. I had no...
So sorry you are still struggling @Alice D. I hope you have friends and family supporting you through this ordeal. Its not easy dealing with pain but it is especially difficult when you are alone. Thankfully this forum is full of supportive people who have dealt with exactly what you are...
Hi and welcome to the forum. I had a skiing accident last February and had to have surgery for a broken femur and had 3 pins put in my hip to keep it from dislocating. The way my surgeon made it seem I was going to be totally back to normal within a few weeks. I felt I had been totally misled...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.