Recent content by Simplieme

  1. Simplieme

    Revision THR Too painful to walk

    My right hip pain currently hurts so much when I try to walk I can’t walk. And I don’t know what to do !! . I had TRHR 5 years ago. All went well and I felt I made a full recovery. I’ve been having pain lifting my knee since a fall just over a year ago. I’ve had Physio (stretching) which...
  2. Simplieme

    Revision THR Too painful to walk

    @Jamie yes, sorry, my bad. I posted before I got the official ultrasound report. The pain is mainly VR3F, the fluid is VR1F Vr2F VR3F The Sports Medicine Doctor called me last night. He said he didn’t make much of the fluid. He has referred me for rehab physio. If that doesn’t work I have to...
  3. Simplieme

    Revision THR Too painful to walk

    @Jamie My understanding is that going through the Sports Medicine Clinic first is a way to speed up getting appointment. Their idea is that they triage the patients so that the ones that can be helped with rehab only can be treated by them, then those that really need an Orthopaedic Surgeon go...
  4. Simplieme

    Revision THR Too painful to walk

    Hi @Mojo333 They said they didn’t see any sign of bursitis during the ultrasound. They are going to study it more and send the results back to the doctor who referred me (University Sports Medicine Clinic) for the ultrasound, who, I believe, will then get me another referral. The Surgeon who did...
  5. Simplieme

    Revision THR Too painful to walk

    I’m four and a half years post THR RH. Last January I had a couple of falls on the ice, and ended up with pain in my groin. X Ray reported no problem with hip replacement. Physio Diagnosed injury to Rectus Femoris Physio and EMS treatment did not improve it. Then came along COVID-19 and...
  6. Simplieme

    THR Post Op Progress<

    @Josephine i would say C R2F, C R5B it's not near the surface @Jaycey it only happens when I walk when I bear bear weight in the stride. I don't believe I have done anything different. My biggest struggle is still putting sick and shoe on. When it happens I feel that I need to realign...
  7. Simplieme

    THR Post Op Progress<

    I am almost 9 months post op and have been doing extremely well. I've lost my limp, and compared to pre op I feel great. My six month check up with my OS said everything was good However just recently I have been having pain whilst walking. It's a sharp pain that makes me shout out ouch. It...
  8. Simplieme

    THR Post Op Progress<

    Just about at the five and a half month post op point. According to people I meet I am "doing very well"! Generally pain free, apart from when I overdo it, then I pay for it with pain during the night, which is usually gone by morning. Some stiffness after sitting too long. I've followed the...
  9. Simplieme

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    Oh @Krista you poor thing, i feel for you! I've had those horrible back spasms and know exactly what you are going through. Sending you lots of (careful) hugs :console2: all I can say is rest and try not to move out of alignment in anyway. Does heat help? I found it did, because I dare not use...
  10. Simplieme

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    @Krista im so sorry to hear you're not doing too well. Please take it easy and rest, give your body time to heal ready for your surgery. Sending hugs to you xx
  11. Simplieme

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    @Krista oh the clock is ticking!! So sorry to hear about your setback.. I hope it can be remided really soon. Hugs to you my friend. There's nothing quite like a salad fresh from the garden is there? My husband was a farmer, and now he grows vegetables in the garden, but he hasn't quite got...
  12. Simplieme

    THR A matching pair!

    @Zelda My sympathies to you over the vote. I'm amazed to see how the £ has slumped so soon, even though it hasn't actually happened yet. My daughter lives in the UK and she was totally shell shocked. I know Australia is a beautiful place, my cousin always wanted me to go visit there, but I...
  13. Simplieme

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    Hi @Krista just popped in to see how you're doing??? Hope you've got your machine adjusted and you've been having some good sleeps??? Time is getting closer for your surgery. Hope you are ok. :sneaker:
  14. Simplieme

    THR Post Op Progress<

    Recovered now from falling down the stairs:yes!:. Had a really good session with my physio Monday, she worked on my foot that I hurt when I fell, plus my pelvis had tilted "again". She put that right, and I came out feeling amazing:wowspring:funny thing then - I realized my limp had gone...
  15. Simplieme

    THR Bath transfer bench

    Oh I'm sorry @canoewoman i didn't realize. Well, yes the meds can do that. I was on morphine for my back, and was totally sick of the meds messing me up so I stopped taking them - big mistake!! My Dr had me take a month and reduce the dosage gradually, then it was ok. Let's ask @Cynthia777 if...
Back
Top Bottom