Recent content by Shmi47

  1. Shmi47

    Bilateral TKR 1 year check-in

    1 year check in!! I'm not sure how to change my topic line. I am shocked when I think a year has gone by. The surgery, pain, PT, all of the people who helped me! I still get asked about my knees and I think wow- I have come a long way. Those first few days were tough, but now i can do a lot...
  2. Shmi47

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    Hi knee gone! I'm glad you wrote. I 9 months out. I too still experience stiffness. As I write this I am laying in the couch with my legs elevated. I have numb patches on the front of both knees as well as swelling. I think this is par for the course, and I hope it does subside over the next...
  3. Shmi47

    Bilateral TKR Seven years Ago...

    I so needed this today! Thank you. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Shmi47

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    Hi- I was thinking of you today and wondering how your feeling and see that you went car shopping. Woohoo. I always anticipate the "swelling stiffness" too but it sounds like you got through it. I 9 weeks today and wonder if in turning a corner. I feel abnormally good lately and my PT goal is...
  5. Shmi47

    TKR MANIPULATION

    Hi. I agree with the others. I had BTKR and one knee was at 115 and my other was at 85. It varies so greatly but I would think it is way too early. My PT says they would be happy if you were at 90. As long as you keep progressing I think you will be fine. Also I would be surprised if your os...
  6. Shmi47

    Bilateral TKR BTKR - OCT 28 - on way to hospital

    Hi avj123 Welcome and congratulations. I am 43 and had Btkr about 8 weeks ago. It's been a long time since then. I am glad that you are feeling ok. As for the ice. I had ice in as much as someone would bring it to me. You will see that everyone will have a different answer, but if it tends to...
  7. Shmi47

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    Hi @ljrfrm. I know about the smell but I kind of like it. I ran through the last of mine yesterday and I am dying tonight. Feel like my calves are going to pull at me all night. Another thing you may try is adding more potassium and magnesium to your diet. They also have some minerals at health...
  8. Shmi47

    Bilateral TKR 1 year check-in

    @Josephine, @ahab and Julie. Thank you so much for the responses. I am taking all of your advice. It is true I am in pain and thought I wasn't. I keep thinking this should be better my knees look better and the. I see la the lumpy swelling around them. I spent today taking my meds, icing and...
  9. Shmi47

    Bilateral TKR 1 year check-in

    Thanks @Jamie. Thankful you're here. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. Shmi47

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    Hi. I'm so sorry for your pain. I totally get where you are because after my btkr I wanted to dye because of the pain. I didn't realize that I didn't have my pain managed as well as it should have been. You need to work with your surgeon and find the best regimen that works for you. You should...
  11. Shmi47

    Bilateral TKR 1 year check-in

    Btw. I have been picking up stuff around the house. Also tending to kids making dinner (while sitting down). I have a hard time sitting longer than 10 minutes at dinner table so then I go lay down. I sweep my kitchen occasionally. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. Shmi47

    Bilateral TKR 1 year check-in

    @Jamie I was taking opana 15mg extended release twice daily and 5 mg opana 3 x as needed up until 1.5 weeks ago. They stepped me down the ER and stayed with IR. I took last 5 mg IR last Thursday. Friday they out me on tramadol. It did nothing so they prescribed norco 5/325 1-2 2x per day. I...
  13. Shmi47

    Bilateral TKR 1 year check-in

    Has anyone experienced these as you are coming off your narcotics? I was on 15mg hydromorphone extended releases and 10-15 hydromorphone immediate release. I tapered down off the extended but still taking 10 mg per day for breakthrough. Mostly at night for restlessness. Now coming off I had one...
  14. Shmi47

    Bilateral TKR Puppylove's New Knees

    @PuppyLove wow 3 kids! :) Hopefully they are treating you well as you are recovering. Ok I can't believe you got that recliner so cheap especially electric. It sounds like the day caught up with you it's good you tried to sleep but like my house you probably really don't get any rest. I...
Back
Top Bottom