Recent content by shirleyH

  1. shirleyH

    THR I'll be back in two days

    Lol. They have just come and said I can go home today. I think I was used to the codeine last time but I haven't taken much recently, just relying on paracetamol. I must have dropped off to sleep again this morning cos I've just noticed my puffers have gone! They were there at breakfast time...
  2. shirleyH

    THR I'll be back in two days

    Don't know what GGS is or why I gave gone italic lol x
  3. shirleyH

    THR I'll be back in two days

    Hi there @Miss Muffet. After a night of massive itching (apparently from morphine), had a day of sleeping and dizziness with bp at 90/57. Couldn't eat as felt bloated, then out of the blue was really sick. I haven't taken pain killers for a good while now apart from paracetamol and think I was...
  4. shirleyH

    THR I'll be back in two days

    All done and all's well. Been up and walking this afternoon. What a miraculous op this is. So much easier this time having a solid leg to stand on, much more confident. Poor hubz been run ragged as one twin threw up at school 20 miles from his work and he had to take him back to work and the...
  5. shirleyH

    2016 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    Ha Ha @JMACCA about the shoes. Five months on from my first and still a new step forward every day, actually put both socks on this morning without contorting myself into an absurdly strange position on the bed! Of course after tomorrow I will be back to square one for a while but knowing whats...
  6. shirleyH

    THR I'll be back in two days

    Well guys, here I am again, two days to no. 2 D day. Much less nervous this time, after complete melt down last April before No. 1. Will be good to see how everyone is coping and hopefully I can give some positive feed to those who haven't been through it before. :hugzz:
  7. shirleyH

    2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    Looking forward to getting my left hip replacement just five months after the right one. Roll on being back to fitness :-)
  8. shirleyH

    THR on my way here, ready for my first new hip

    Well good news is I twisted his arm very gently (he said i could) and he said, go on then. My new date is 11th October, yikes, next week!!I know this one is nowhere near the pain and disability levels of the right one but I also know how quickly it deteriorated last time. Good luck to everyone...
  9. shirleyH

    THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

    Hi Jane, just thought i would catch up as I did see some time ago you were due around now. Sooooo sorry to see you have been cancelled. :blackcloud: My surgeon didn't want to do my second one yet but I managed to twist his arm as although my right hip is solid as a rock, I still can't put...
  10. shirleyH

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Hi, I am still having butt pain and my consultant says I have a lot of wear and tear in my back which I wouldn't have noticed before with the constant pain from the bad hip. Just a case of taking care how you use your back I think. I hope you keep improving. My husband is in a lot of back pain...
  11. shirleyH

    THR on my way here, ready for my first new hip

    At least the weather is nice again here @Cynthia777, 26 degrees again today and all day cricket school tournament which I will go watch. Hey ho forecast is 15 for weekend! Don't you just love our weather. Daughter coming home with family from Australia in July and she is frozen at 18 degrees as...
  12. shirleyH

    THR on my way here, ready for my first new hip

    Gutted. :bricks:. At post op Consultant says he wants me to wait for at least another year for my left hip. Says I am too young and my activity levels may mean further replacements in years to come.Only consolation is that I can get in touch with him before year is up if I start getting too much...
  13. shirleyH

    THR on my way here, ready for my first new hip

    ha ha @Cynthia777, my toes still have blobs on them as hubz just "never gets round" to cleaning them off for me. To be fair he is suffering terribly with a bad back so he prob can't get down there any better than i can. Oh well another exercise to attempt as I will have to renew before jollies...
  14. shirleyH

    THR Candi's hip journey - two THR and a revision

    you will be fine i am sure, I was terrified and six weeks on am actually looking forward to the next one, well the results anyway. Take the meds, you won't need them for long so take whatever you need, don't overdo it and rest when you can. I painted my toenails today!! not very well...
  15. shirleyH

    THR A matching pair!

    Hey, congratulations, funny how we can be envious of someone having a major operation!! Take it steady girl and I hope your recovery is brilliant :flwrysmile:
Back
Top Bottom