Recent content by ShellBell727

  1. ShellBell727

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    @Vetgirl I've been following your ordeal. I can't really add anything except to say I'm praying for God to comfort & heal you, with the surgeon's help if needed. Hang in there. :)
  2. ShellBell727

    THR 12 days post-op & 1st post here.

    I had a follow up visit with my OS today. He says I'm doing well and my x-rays look great. I have pain on the outside of both hips (he pushed there and I about jumped off the table) which he says is probably bursitis, fun. My operated side hurts still, and I'm taking pain meds to help with...
  3. ShellBell727

    I just don't know what to do

    @cassieis That's great news! I know how frustrating it can be when you can't find a doctor who you click with. Dont know where you live, but Kaiser has some great doctors. I'm a Kaiser patient, too. Hopefully the wait for surgery won't be as long as it is in my area- it was 8 months!
  4. ShellBell727

    THR 11 days post-op and doing ok

    @drahdrah I've had plantar fascitis, too. It can be absolutely brutal! My podiatrist told me to always wear good tennis shoes with "superfeet green" inserts. It may not be super fashionable, but ever since I started doing this faithfully, it's gone away. If I go too long barefoot or wear...
  5. ShellBell727

    THR 12 days post-op & 1st post here.

    I'm afraid I got a little too active with the cane and must have overdone it. I'd been taking walks with my walker 3x/day for 15 minutes so thought I could just switch to walking with my cane. I was so excited to be rid of the stupid walker! And it felt OK at the time! But after 2 days of that...
  6. ShellBell727

    I just don't know what to do

    @cassieis Please dont listen to that doctor! I, too was told I was "too young" at age 37 and suffered in pain with cortisone injections and pain killers that didn't work. Somehow I lasted three horrible years like that. I'd been told by the surgeon that I should wait as long as possible because...
  7. ShellBell727

    How fast did your hip decline?

    I think "forever" depends on if you're a professional athlete (Rudy Galindo, double hip replacement who went back to competitive skating, or Bo Jackson who went back to baseball) or like you said, an average aged patient with average activities. I'm personally counting on 20-30 years which is...
  8. ShellBell727

    THR 12 days post-op & 1st post here.

    Woo hoo! Something awesome to report over here... I was sitting at the table and finished eating. Went to get up and take my dish to the kitchen and- where the heck is my walker? Who moved it? Nobody else is home! Well of course the answer is, when I brought my stuff to the table I left the...
  9. ShellBell727

    Kaiser Patients---working the system a bit?

    When they do call to schedule you, you can always say you need another month. You won't get bumped off the list. But thats a long time from now. A lot of people's hips go bad quickly, I know that really happened to me the last several months. By the time June or July comes you might be begging...
  10. ShellBell727

    Kaiser Patients---working the system a bit?

    Hopefully the wait list is getting shorter. Maybe you can get it fast enough to recover and be surfing again by the end of summer...? Good luck and keep us updated.
  11. ShellBell727

    Kaiser Patients---working the system a bit?

    Yay for making some webfooted friends on bonesmart!:happydance: I have dysplasia, too. I need my left side fixed in the future, then I will have a matching set, too!
  12. ShellBell727

    THR 12 days post-op & 1st post here.

    @BMWDavid No worries! Thanks for clarifying your intent. I admit I'm a little oversensitive! @Jaycey Actually... I haven't been wearing shoes much! I can't put my own shoes on yet so if I dont get them on before my hubby goes to work, I dont wear them. Plus I have barely left the house since...
  13. ShellBell727

    THR 12 days post-op & 1st post here.

    @Jaycey That is part of what's frustrating me. I can't really think of anything I did differently. Only thing I can think of is, my other hip (which will need replaced at some point) has been hurting more the last couple of days. Maybe that's it. I'm going to ask my OS to x-ray that side at my 6...
  14. ShellBell727

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    @Vetgirl Just wanted to say I've been catching up on your story. You have been through so much! I pray God touches and heals you, body and spirit. You seem like you've tried to keep a positive attitude and you are on here encouraging others, including myself! Thank you! :friends:
  15. ShellBell727

    THR 12 days post-op & 1st post here.

    @BMWDavid No offense, but not sure how your comment is supposed to make me feel better? What exactly do you disagree with? Like you said, everyone's pain levels are different. One thing that has served to DIScourage me is to read the very unusual stories of people who say they had virtually...
Back
Top Bottom