Right... I'm 7 weeks post op shortly and wondering when I can move on to using the Stationary bike and swim. Forgot to ask my surgeon about swimming but wound is all healed. No rush for the exercise bike but just wondering if there was an approx time frame.
Hey. I'm Jan 19th L) hip. No clue about the tailbone issue, am sure the smart clever peeps on here will help you though. Or a physio with ideas? Does your other hip need an op too?
Wow home the same day! How cool. Are you young? Does anyone medical check in on your are you just left to it with a family member? BP wise/ safety with mobility/ pain etc?
I didn't want to go home on day 2 even though I was allowed. Haha. Private hospital, great meals, no kids!
Take care...
The app is really cool @Jamie. Thanks for the heads up.
And I find is so interesting how our surgeons are so different here in NZ. Only got a med cert for 6 weeks, guess I could have asked for more but seems the norm for NZ and hip replacement. I also have an uncemented hip but was never told...
Thanks @FCBayern It seems to be the norm here in NZ to have only 6 weeks of post hip joint replacement, plus thats all the sick and annual leave I have so need to work to be paid unfortunately.
I work 7 days a fortnight so hopefully thats doable. And this week my roster is a nightshift tonight...
And back to work this week. Damn that went fast but I feel I have turned a corner and am walking well without crutches. Managing 30+ minute walks around the neighbourhood and with the dog. No pain meds for almost a week just the aspirin and occasional ice packs when I feel its getting tired or...
New question. Stomach sleeping? Doable? When comfy or not ideal post hip joint? Also do people just stop using pillows between the knees and hip precautions at the 6 week mark or wait for the surgeons ok or when it feels right? Would love to paint my toenails and shave my legs properly! Haha.
Hey there. Gosh what a journey and overseas too. I'm 41 and pretty much 6 weeks post uncemented ceramic on ceramic. My gait has suddenly improved at about week 4-5 and now at nearly 6 is way better than pre op which was pretty waddley. I had osteo rather than an unhealed fracture though so you...
Hi there, I'm 5 weeks today postop. What a drama from the fridge. Lucky you didn't slip over! That was my biggest fear. Well done with the mobility. Keep it up and glad you have your son for support. Keep icing. Made such a difference. Just had to remember to put the ice pack back in the freezer...
Ended up digging a hole under some trees. Hopefully the dog doesn’t dig it up!
When will I have enough strength to lead with my operated leg up steps? Am able to walk up the steps without a crutch but one step at a time. No hurry. Just curious.
Congrats on the new hip! I’m so impressed with people leaving hospital after 24 hrs. I was allowed to leave at 48 but stayed an extra night because I could. Haha (4 kids and a dog at home)
Hope you are getting some sleep. I’m 3 weeks tomorrow and getting there. Just one crutch when out of the...
Def sleeping with a pillow between by legs. Too scared of dislocation.
Anyone keep their femoral head? Kids and I wanted to see it and now I’m not sure what to do with it...
Day 19 here and finally managing to sleep on my non operated side! Is bliss. Def not a back sleeper. Did wake myself up when I attempted to pull my knee up while side sleeping. But not damage done.
Pain is 0 at rest and maybe a 1 or 2 when swelling is increased at the most but still taking...
Hi TonyBee,
Also in NZ and it does seem the 6 weeks is what we are told to have off work as I’m in the same boat as well. Have a med very for 6 weeks, and also lack annual leave/ sick leave. (I’m a nurse)That was a very long wait for a hip on the public list, am glad you are more or less pain...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.