Recent content by SheilaE

  1. S

    TKR Left knee tkr makes both knees done!

    Congrats on your 2nd Knee...I did my 2nd one 5-30...It went very much better than the first. I just finished my 2nd round of PT (cuz I liked it) and will work on mine at home from now on...Both of them (12-1 on the first). Just wanted to let you know, I doubt you are having a reaction to the...
  2. S

    TKR AnnYo's Knee Recovery

    I am very very glad I did my second knee. I have been a big walker, and I just couldn't do it anymore. I guess it kinda takes a year out of your life--like, can't go to Europe like I desperately want...but that will come. I was nervous, but they let me do a lot of PT cuz I really wanted to build...
  3. S

    TKR AnnYo's Knee Recovery

    Hi AnnYo...I have neuropathy in my right foot. Had some nerve and tendons cut under my toes. Sometimes it is uncomfortable, but always feels like a worn piece of leather on the inside of the ball of my foot. I did go to my Podietrist to make sure all was good to do my knee. He said there would...
  4. S

    TKR The right knee this time

    I'm at 4wks on my second...and I am at least 3wks ahead of my first one. I had MUCH less bruising and even pain. I think the biggest thing is tho...the fear factor...Knowing what was coming, knowing what I could do, knowing the "steps" that your healing goes thru. Not worrying about all those...
  5. S

    TKR Anniefannie's 2nd TKR recovery

    I am at 4 weeks also, and have that very tenderness on my right knee...first off...I use pain cream...I used it before surgery and I use it now. I keep away from the scar, but it really helps takes those little needles out of that sting. I also use it when the muscles get rough on the...
  6. S

    TKR Newbie on the site

    I also think that the knowledge of what was to be expected, made a world of difference. Fear Factor is such a big contributor to recovery. I basically knew that nothing I was going to do, was going to damage the knee. So, whatever pain I choose to power thru and get me back to normal is done...
  7. S

    TKR Newbie on the site

    Good Morning from sunny Florida. My second TKR was done last thur. It went very very well, and I was home before 2p. So far, this recovery has been miles and miles ahead of the last time. I have NO brain fog and very little nausea. Makes a world of difference. My primary upped my thyroid meds...
  8. S

    TKR Almost 7 months post-op

    Hi Andy..Had my LTKR Dec 1. I had very tight thighs for weeks...drove me crazy. One night I about 2 mos in, I got one of those hard styrofoam roller and, as best as I could, I rolled my thigh and calf (it was hard) gently for about 10 min...trying to loosen and separate etc etc...and it really...
  9. S

    TKR Newbie on the site

    I did talk to my podiatrist about my right foot. It's neuropathy, no pain, just annoyance...feels like an old patch of leather on the ball of my foot. He said many of his diabetic patients feel this (I'm not) -- thx. It won't have any effect on my RTKR. On another note I did get a surgery date...
  10. S

    TKR Andpeaches 2nd TKR is DONE!!

    Woohooo....I'm getting my second done in the near future, so will anxiously await your reports! Break a leg!...(oh wait)
  11. S

    TKR MSuki’s Fabulous Recovery Journey

    I had/have ankle pain also...felt like a medium sprain. I just keep thinking they went in there and really mushed things around, and it will heal too. I do specific ankle exercises to strengthen it back up...just like that big ole muscle on top of your knee...mine kinda clicks now with the...
  12. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy Tibial Tubercle Transfer

    ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE....I fall asleep with the ice on in the middle of the night sometimes...helps so much.
  13. S

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    I had a walker, used it to walk out of the hospital...maybe used it for 2-3 days...Went to the Doc about 4days post op...and brought my cain. He kinda encouraged me to just walk...and he was adamant I put weight down...lift knee up---don't walk stiff knee, like we are inclined to do. I didn't...
  14. S

    TKR AnnYo's Knee Recovery

    Hiya I have this issue right now. I had a little surgery on my right foot 2yrs ago to get nerve and tendon separated...he cut the tendon, and by now I have "something" on/in the ball of my foot. Feels very hard and numbish...I also have a up and coming hammer toe on my right foot. So, don't know...
  15. S

    TKR Painful knee

    Hiya, had my LTRK dec 1. My days are mostly pain free...I am up to a mile every day. I do random exercises all day...just 1 when I feel it, then another later...anyway..My nights are not as good. I know that the healing process causes much of the firing in the knee and leg. My ache is right...
Back
Top Bottom