Recent content by Second Time Around

  1. Second Time Around

    Surviving pain for the last 30 days prior to surgery

    I have been icing but it's only temporary, for about an hour's worth of less pain. The biggest issue is waking up due to the pain 4 or 5 times a night, and not being able to get back to sleep. I have tried Salonpas with lidocaine, and that also has a minor effect on bringing down the pain for a...
  2. Second Time Around

    Surviving pain for the last 30 days prior to surgery

    Thank you, on October 12 I signed up with my surgery date in the pre-op site for hips. My surgery date is December 17.
  3. Second Time Around

    Surviving pain for the last 30 days prior to surgery

    Hi Pumpkin, I have already joined the December Supernovas for a right hip replacement; for some reason I don't see my name on the list when I go back to it. My surgery date is Dec 17th. I have already had both knees replaced (the last in 2014). How does a knee sleeve for compression help my...
  4. Second Time Around

    Surviving pain for the last 30 days prior to surgery

    This Saturday, I have to give up NSAIDs and any other natural remedies for inflammation for the 30 days before surgery. I take tylenol (acetaminophen) and I will begin taking Celebrex, which I am allowed to take up until THR surgery. I took the Celebrex before my first TKA and honestly, I don't...
  5. Second Time Around

    Second Time Around becomes Third Timer

    Hi Jacey, I saved everything from my two TKRs. The best recovery aid I didn't have before with my knees was the installation of two comfort height toilets in our home just a few months ago (one upstairs, one downstairs). They are already making a difference for me.
  6. Second Time Around

    Second Time Around becomes Third Timer

    Hi Josephine, thanks for the reply. You're right, arthritis does run on my mom's side of the family. Both of my grandparents had pretty bad osteoarthritis, and my mom has had spinal stenosis that began back in her early 60's. I just always thought I wouldn't have it until much later in life! I...
  7. Second Time Around

    Second Time Around becomes Third Timer

    Hello Everyone, It's been three and a half years since I have posted. The last time I was really active on the site was after my 2nd TKA. I just found out today I will have my first hip replacement on December 17. I went for the first time to my ortho in late July and found out I was already...
  8. Second Time Around

    TKR 2nd new knee, not the same as the first

    I just read your abridged version of your thread @Josephine! Took me less than 5 minutes, but chock-full of good information. Thanks!
  9. Second Time Around

    TKR 2nd new knee, not the same as the first

    Josephine, I have seen the chart above but I haven't read about your recovery. I will take a look this weekend. I have been selecting various threads and reading through them the past 4 weeks, especially those of the forum advisers. I am not sure you saw the part of my thread where I was...
  10. Second Time Around

    TKR 2nd new knee, not the same as the first

    @Josephine - Thanks for the meds chart, that will be helpful. Do you think you needed more medication because you were doing more? I also have most of the feeling back on that side now, so I thought it might have to do with that. I couldn't cut out the dog walk completely today as my husband...
  11. Second Time Around

    TKR 2nd new knee, not the same as the first

    Thank you Josephine, for your advice. I am implementing your suggestions starting today. I had PT late yesterday and the physical therapist thought it was time to call my OS about the pulling in my knee when I walk. My next appointment with the OS isn't until Sept 23 and that is nearly 9 weeks...
  12. Second Time Around

    TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

    Holly, this IS good news! :yes!: It sounds like your OS had his eyes opened a bit once you told him all about your PT and that is a good thing too. You are so much more ahead of the game this time around with BoneSmart and everything you have learned about how you recover and what to expect...
  13. Second Time Around

    TKR 2nd new knee, not the same as the first

    @Josephine, here are my answers: 1. what are your pain levels right now? 1 to 2 usually, except when walking. When I walk, my pain goes up to a 5 or 6. 2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often? Tramadol- 50 mg, 1 or 2 tablets 4x a...
  14. Second Time Around

    TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

    :dogwalk:Best wishes Holly, for the most positive outcome for your knee! Linda
  15. Second Time Around

    TKR 2nd new knee, not the same as the first

    @kneeper, so is it too early for me to worry about this pulling feeling? It doesn't matter if I walk 10 steps or 100 steps, that same pull is always there. I was reading elsewhere on the BoneSmart site and saw other people mention a tight band feeling, but honestly that is not how I describe...
Back
Top Bottom