Recent content by SEA

  1. SEA

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Happy Easter Monday @Layla @Mojo333 and everyone on here. I walked 3miles yesterday
  2. SEA

    THR May hip op:-)

    @Layla such a lovely messageto receive during this lockdown it certainly helped almost made me tearful in a good way - thank you! I am fine and still so happy deep down to be on ‘the other side’. Enjoying a few longer walks really helps well-being at this time :walking::flwrysmile: very...
  3. SEA

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Hello @Layla! & all our bonesmart family So very well said and so positive and that is where we will stay positive & hopeful of a good outcome just like our limbs! Last work day was yesterday at school for me so will miss the place but it feels like It’s the time after surgery and we are at...
  4. SEA

    THR May hip op:-)

    @Mojo333 yes! Marching is good I have been doing that and the top of my arms are getting tighter too which is an added bonus:-) I try not to do this when I get up from my desk at work though although somtimes I want to as so happy that dreaded pain as gone before the op! thanks for good advice...
  5. SEA

    THR May hip op:-)

    @Mojo333 @Layla - all is well with me and I am amazed at how easy it is now to walk up the 52 steps at the train station after work! Obviously, still a bit stiff when I stand up after sitting down say, watching t.v, but I just stretch up on my tip toes and that seems to work. I walk most days...
  6. SEA

    THR May hip op:-)

    @Mojo333 yes yippee!! I was just thinking that earlier has I climbed up stairs here in work which used to be so painful, in fact I used to put my left arm across my body to the handrail to pull myself up the 7 steps - but not anymore! Everyday, something gets easier that secretly makes me...
  7. SEA

    THR May hip op:-)

    I returned to work yesterday! All went well and I sat most of the time as I have a desk job and got up on the hour to walk around a bit and stretch. It was nice to get back into the so called routine mentally, but wow, did I sleep well last night! Really nice of you @Layla to think of me as...
  8. SEA

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Happy Anniversary, @Layla What would we do without all the support & advice you and your forum members give on here - I always find an answer to my hippy worries on here. Thank you :thankyou:
  9. SEA

    THR May hip op:-)

    @Mojo333 :heehee::loll: totally agree with that sauce mix! Yes, will keep you updated too - how lovely me being a double hippy pal! Thank you :egypdance:
  10. SEA

    THR May hip op:-)

    Just read @Josephine phased return to work thread - how very interesting and informative it is! :loveshwr:
  11. SEA

    THR May hip op:-)

    This weekend has gone by, as they do, so quickly! I see my surgeon tomorrow 6wk check up and then my OS on Thursday hopefully last time with OS and leaving with exercises to do at home. Don’t really plan on returning to work for another 3 weeks if all ok. (9wks absent). Everyone’s recovery...
  12. SEA

    THR May hip op:-)

    Hi! Thank you @Layla I am feeling fine today. Yesterday I had my second bout of physio. I was told my gait is good without one crutch when I was asked ‘to walk the line’ but was surprised when my physio gave me some quite heavy weights to do with squats with and high steps. Felt good though...
  13. SEA

    THR May hip op:-)

    Thank you everyone, a nice restful week a head with just the usual gentle exercises:angel:! Appetite is better now not taking codeine just paracetamol yes @mollymum they work for me too! Thank you:cheers:
  14. SEA

    THR May hip op:-)

    Almost three weeks post op and feeling so much better. Been having little walks with one crutch around our close. Waking up usually once in the night to pop an ice pack on scar side but all fine and soothing! Found myself walking between rooms without crutch but now checking my gait and...
  15. SEA

    THR May hip op:-)

    @Mojo333 the title is fine! Thank you for the guidelines they are much needed to refresh. Felt low today! Bit frustrating but now ain’t now I know why and it’s only natural. Trying to water my pot plants in the conservatory myself! All sorted now and my tears are wiped! Feeling much better...
Back
Top Bottom