Recent content by Scrappy_tink

  1. Scrappy_tink

    Pain after almost one year post-TKR

    Thank you for the replies! Mary, I'd say my pain is around L2-C and L3-C, no pain with sitting or walking, only when on uneven/unstable ground or lying in bed rolling over. Really any jostling from side to side, vs. up and down (hope that makes sense). Sometimes it FEELS swollen, but doesn't...
  2. Scrappy_tink

    Pain after almost one year post-TKR

    Hi guys! Long time no see! I'm hoping that I can reach out to you all and maybe get some insight as to what my problem might be. I do have an appointment with my original OS next month. It's been a nightmare because I had my surgery done on a military post and since then the OS retired and...
  3. Scrappy_tink

    I don't even want to ask this...but could it be?

    Thank you Josephine...it's kind of like waiting for the other shoe to drop. New knees, check...what's next? :) I saw my Rheumatologist today and he got new xrays of my hands/wrists, feet, and pelvic area. He thinks it might be my body adjusting to it's new gait that may be causing the pain...
  4. Scrappy_tink

    I don't even want to ask this...but could it be?

    It's been just under a year since I've had both my knees replaced. I knew, going in, that I also have hip athritis, but I didn't think it bothered me THAT bad (my knees distracted me from all other pain!) Well, my knees are healing well, but now, as I'm learning to walk pain-free for the...
  5. Scrappy_tink

    TKR So THIS is what the "Other Side" feels like!!

    Thank you Roy. I can handle it, it's just reassuring it's NORMAL. I was driving after 3 1/2 weeks with my left knee, and waited until 5 weeks with my right knee, because it was more painful getting in/out of car. The car I had an issue with wasn't my own, and it was much lower to the ground...
  6. Scrappy_tink

    TKR So THIS is what the "Other Side" feels like!!

    Hi guys!! I know it's been forever since I've checked in, just thought I'd give an update and asks some questions about some concerns of mine, I had my left knee replaced the week of thanksgiving last year, and I'm on week 12 from my right knee replacement. (Feb 11th). I went back to work...
  7. Scrappy_tink

    TKR So THIS is what the "Other Side" feels like!!

    Hi guys!! I know it's been forever since I've checked in, just thought I'd give an update and asks some questions about some concerns of mine, I had my left knee replaced the week of thanksgiving last year, and I'm on week 12 from my right knee replacement. (Feb 11th). I went back to work...
  8. Scrappy_tink

    TKR So THIS is what the "Other Side" feels like!!

    Thank you!! I see OS today....during the visit, I want to see if I can get digital before/after pics like I've seen on this board! The do have cute wedge shoes out there!! :) I threw a lot of my shoes away because the tread was wore in a way that would negatively affect my new way of...
  9. Scrappy_tink

    TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

    Fernie, you'll do great!! Looks like you had your surgery a week before mine. I went to work part-time last week (at 6 weeks recovery, and the best advise I can give is not to sit for long periods, to get up and walk when you can. It's the constant sitting that kills me. With my last TKR in...
  10. Scrappy_tink

    TKR So THIS is what the "Other Side" feels like!!

    Does that mean I'm a slacker? :umm: Just wanted to come on and say I got my other knee done on the 11th of February this year, and everything went swimmingly well. I now have 132 degree flex on both legs, and 3 extension on one, and 1 extension on the other. Now I have to tell you, my OS...
  11. Scrappy_tink

    How long does the scar take to heal?

    I'm going on a cruise in November, and while I could care less about the scar during swimming and wearing casual shorts, I do plan on wearing a shorter dress on formal night. I was playing with makeup the other day, and had a lot of success in almost making it "disappear" with a combo of...
  12. Scrappy_tink

    UGH

    I have surgery the day before (the 11th). I must remember to turn in my pregnancy test the Friday before! :snork:
  13. Scrappy_tink

    New to this site. My journey is just starting.

    I think a high-riser for your current toliet will be great. Mine has handles on either side, which I also used getting in/out of the shower! We did buy the shower bench and hand-held shower head, but never used them. Once I was released from the hospital, all i had was staples, no bandages or...
  14. Scrappy_tink

    Ipod Shuffle in OR and other "Diva" requests!!

    pdx, I agree with you....but wouldn't 13 pokes introduce more infection than 2? I agree, I'm just going to ask for two ports. I wouldn't use the air cast at night, which is what he intended it for (maybe to counteract jostling from my husband's side to keep from hurting me?), but I'm hoping it...
  15. Scrappy_tink

    Ipod Shuffle in OR and other "Diva" requests!!

    Jamie, Thank you for your input...I'm definitely NOT going to go in with a "list of demands", like you said, I'm just going to explain the reasoning behind them, I've done research online, and several doctors let their patients bring Ipods into their surgeries. Also about the wedge, I plan on...
Back
Top Bottom