Recent content by Sbrummer

  1. Sbrummer

    THR LTHR 6/11/18 is in the books.

    I’ll be taking the big bandage off today.
  2. Sbrummer

    THR LTHR 6/11/18 is in the books.

    I was able to be discharged on Thursday. They wanted to be sure of everything before they let me go. Fortunately, the doctor that was such a jerk is not my regular doctor. I’d never seen him before and you can be sure I won’t be seeing him again.
  3. Sbrummer

    THR LTHR 6/11/18 is in the books.

    I know it’ll get better. Waiting through the pain just isn’t easy.
  4. Sbrummer

    THR LTHR 6/11/18 is in the books.

    So there are others like me that can’t regulate their temperatures, have an unquenchable thirst, can’t find the right pain combination, cry over and over again because you feel so overwhelmed, and just generally don’t know what to do?
  5. Sbrummer

    THR LTHR 6/11/18 is in the books.

    This will sound so wrong but I’m so glad you’re suffering as much as I am
  6. Sbrummer

    THR LTHR 6/11/18 is in the books.

    Well, I finally got my hip replaced Monday. It’s been such a long week. I’ve had good hours and bad hours. It hasn’t been long enough to say good days and bad days. There have definitely been a few positives so far. My surgeon told me that my femoral head was softer than a sponge, which makes...
  7. Sbrummer

    Third time is a charm?

    My OS also made sure I got dental clearance before my surgery. It’s kind of weird but not a big deal.
  8. Sbrummer

    I'm very scared!

    Your words are powerful! Speak it forth that it will be a good outcome and you’re less likely to have issues. If you decide in advance that it won’t go well, then it definitely wont.
  9. Sbrummer

    It’s Friday but Monday is coming

    Yay, my surgery date is nearly here. I got the call today that I need to arrive at the hospital at 10:30 Monday morning. I was soooooooooooooo happy to hear that I didn’t have to get up at 4:00 am or something crazy. This is going to give us the freedom to get up and take our time. We will miss...
  10. Sbrummer

    Great News!!

    Okay. I think I fixed my signature
  11. Sbrummer

    Great News!!

    Everything is still in place from when I had the CD in February, so we don’t really have to do any extra prep work. I’ll try and figure out how to change my signature.
  12. Sbrummer

    Great News!!

    The surgeon’s office called today to let me know that my surgery has been moved up one week. It’s now schedule for 6/11 and I’m so happy that I’m one week closer to being healed.
  13. Sbrummer

    2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    I’m happy to say that my surgery has been moved up to 6/11! That’s one week closer to healing.
  14. Sbrummer

    Third time is a charm?

    My left leg has started to give out regularly, so I just use a walker all of the time. It’s easier than crutches for me. I have had my leg give out on the stairs, which is scary. The walker gives me great support and I’d totally recommend it.
  15. Sbrummer

    Second guessing my decision

    I feel the same way. I want the surgery but I don’t. My pain level, however, stays well above 5 - even on a good day. I know I’m doing the right thing but that doesn’t necessarily make it any less daunting.
Back
Top Bottom