Recent content by sandydog

  1. S

    THR Still in Pain

    OMIG... I cant believe the time has flown by! My revision THR was dec. 29 in 2015 ( the same hip was replaced in march 2015) I just wanted to report that my hip is awesome! I finally stopped my slight limp,, last fall, a year after surgery. I never thought, The pain would go away, but my...
  2. S

    THR Still in Pain

    hello forum! If you followed my thread since April, 2015 you might be interested in the latest newsand thank you to all for your encouragement and well wishes! I had THR IN march 20, 2015. After 3 months Of recovery, I went back to work as a flight attendant. Unfortunately, in 3 weeks, I was...
  3. S

    THR Still in Pain

    @Granny Di- ha. I can still swing my walker around on New Years Eve! Look at it this way...no hangover for me on New Years Day. Yes, the thought of surgery, rehab, again, is not a pleasant thought...but I am envisioning walking with no pain, and working without grimacing! And for that I will...
  4. S

    THR 3 months post op^

    I take 800 mg of ibuprofin every 6 hours. Meloxicam did nothing for me. I hope you can find some relief. Have you seen that product out that is around 200.00, but it is an electrical stimulator wrapped around your leg? I was wondering if that would help. Maybe someone on this forum has used one...
  5. S

    THR Still in Pain

    @Granny Di- Hi. so much going on. Yes, I do have disability benefits.. I did not want long term disability, because it is not much and you get taxed. So I went back to work, and just work less hours. I did go to a recommended revision specialist who reconstructs, people's hip replacements. He...
  6. S

    THR Still in Pain

    @Granny Di-wow, we were close together with surgery. I am very glad that you dont have any more hip pain. That is interesting about your knee pain. Back in June before I back to work, my knee also started hurting, and I bought a brace for it. My PT guy said that was common. It still hurts at...
  7. S

    THR Still in Pain

    @nochoice, Thanks for the comment.I am sorry you also are still in pain. I have not heard of a physiatrist! I do think seeking out a pain management specialist is a great idea. Hopefully that will help. I miss travelling for fun, too. At work I am ok if I keep moving! I agree, though, that...
  8. S

    THR Still in Pain

    @jayce. thanks! He is a hip surgeon that does THR . my arm surgeon recommended him. It should be interesting to see what he says
  9. S

    THR Still in Pain

    It has been since sept. 23 that I was on here! If you have followed my thread...I had THR on March 20, 2015. After 3 months I went back to work as a flight attendant, and ended up on a walker and cane in July.( not due to any injury or fall) My last posting I had an MRI showing spinal lumbar...
  10. S

    THR Still in Pain

    @nochoice-It has been so long now since I was on the forum! Finally, the diagnosis came back from my MRI OF THE SPINE. I do have lumbar spinal stenosis. The leg in my hip and thigh down to the knee is caused by a narrow opening of my spinal canal-which in turn is clamping down on that nerve that...
  11. S

    THR golfmore's hip

    @golfmore, maybe we have hip replacements because we push ourselves, are always busy and enjoy it☺️ i do not sit much! even now
  12. S

    THR Still in Pain

    @nochoice, hi. i meet with the doctor monday to discuss results. and he wants xrays of me bending. the MRI Showed a wedge compression deformity of L2, from an old injury ( not from recent surgery) anterolisthesis, disc bulge, and mild stenosis. so I will find out what this means, but it sounds...
  13. S

    THR golfmore's hip

    @golfmore and @Dmcfad2, I can't believe how similiar your stories are to mine!! and I had THR on left hip March 20, 2015 and I see @Dmcfad2 you had it march 20, 2014! ha.how about that? My thread has been under STILL IN PAIN. I am a flight attendant and went back to work after 3 months. I worked...
  14. S

    THR Still in Pain

    Well,@cynthia, and @nochoice, we all are thinking alike. The disability I am on, is my airline.s short term disability benefit which will have to convert to long- term disability in Oct. (50%) salary. We are non-union, but we have great benefits and i have 38 years seniority. So, I am not...
  15. S

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    Hi@samy, i am under the thread THR-STILL IN PAIN. I was glad to have found your thread today. Our problems sound very similar. My surgery was march 20, and went back to work at 3 months post op as a flight attendant. Only, 2 weeks later I was back on disability. The pain in hip and upper thigh...
Back
Top Bottom