Recent content by sandee

  1. sandee

    Magnet therapy?

    Hello. I hope I can create a new thread. I haven't been here in a while. I had a Right THR in August 2013 (metal and ceramic) and after my THR, I became very active and developed plantar fascitis in my left foot about 6 months after my THR. I felt so wonderful after my THR, I wanted to move...
  2. sandee

    THR New Pain 2.5 years after Posterior THR

    Jamie, yes, I was looking for the other thread about the opposite foot pain and found it here! Thank you for that. I can see some difference with stretching my calf (heel push into floor). Something is telling me that tight hamstrings is affecting my foot. I'm going to make an appointment with...
  3. sandee

    THR New Pain 2.5 years after Posterior THR

    I have not seen my surgeon since summer of 2014. I was told not to run or do anything that is like pounding on the leg/foot. Hence I didn't listen since I already did racquetball in Jan 2014 just a few months after my THR. I was very slow in my recovery (still using a walker in week 8 after my...
  4. sandee

    THR New Pain 2.5 years after Posterior THR

    I read somewhere that people that have had a posterior approach THR CAN and DO find themselves in horrible arch pain (or heel pain) several months after a THR -- on the foot OPPOSITE of the THR. I also read that this could lead to a heel spur. I read that this is due to the way the surgeons...
  5. sandee

    THR New Pain 2.5 years after Posterior THR

    I don't think this new pain is due to the cold and where I live, the "cold" is only down to about 50 degrees. I had my thr in Aug 2013. I'm wondering if my lack of activity is creating new hip pain. I got serious about losing weight in the Spring of 2015 even with horrible heel pain and a...
  6. sandee

    THR Did it, tied right shoe lace!!

    I guess I probably shouldn't be moving anything that is close to my own weight - and stick with things that are 50 pounds or under. Even our old 2004 32 inch tv is hard to move, not to mention - very bulky and awkward shaped to grasp without a dolly - and I think the tv is 50 pounds. Been...
  7. sandee

    THR Did it, tied right shoe lace!!

    New pain after 1.5 years Right THR (posterior)? Pain in thigh on outside, not in hip area. I noticed it start Jan 2015, but it was a dull ache. I thought it was due to not walking daily like I used to do in 2014. (I used to walk 6 days a week from March to September 2014, then found a job in...
  8. sandee

    THR Did it, tied right shoe lace!!

    Thank you. Still has not sunken in yet. In other news, I am starting to notice very little pain in my left hip - which is new. Never had that before. Pain has always been in right hip. It's weird since I'm 10 months out. I'll ask Dr. Drinhaus about my left hip pain when I see him July 30th. I...
  9. sandee

    THR Did it, tied right shoe lace!!

    Hi all. I will be spending less time on this website. My mom was just diagnosed with cancer today June 25th 2014. I have been on a high for the month of June since I had one job interview each week for the month of June - and I have another one scheduled for June 27th! But my joy has been...
  10. sandee

    THR Back in pain after 7 months

    I'm not a doctor, but I'm going to guess that it is stress on your leg from your job. I know I feel thing differently now that I had my THR in Aug last year. I have pain in my left foot all the time now due to walking. I'm wondering if your hips shifted (pelvis shifted) since the THR. Sometimes...
  11. sandee

    THR Did it, tied right shoe lace!!

    Nope I haven't thought about getting anything like that since I don't have a job yet. My three main goals were to: 1. keep in shape and walk 40 - 45 mins a day (walking is 100% free, no gym membership fees due), 2. to reach my right shoe lace and 3. find a full-time job. The fitness is my...
  12. sandee

    THR Did it, tied right shoe lace!!

    Opps, sorry @Josephine. Can you change the title to "Did it, tied right shoe lace" ?? Thank you
  13. sandee

    THR Did it, tied right shoe lace!!

    Okay, Can @Josephine change the title of this tread? I did it. I tied my right shoe lace with my right shoe on my foot. It was hard as hell and boy did it hurt my stomach muscles (It didn't really hurt my back, my hip and not so much of any buttocks). I put my right shoe (my foot was in it)...
  14. sandee

    When did you turn the corner and start feeling better

    to answer your question the short way, it took me about 3 weeks before I could stop the Vicodin/hydrocodone. It took me 7 weeks before my knee felt normal since I was numb from the hip down to my knee. (I had a posterior THR). It took me about 12 weeks before an actual smile was on my face. The...
  15. sandee

    THR Tie your shoes?

    Yep, that is what I feel like is beginning to happen - the plateau. But I'll take what I have now anyday over what I had before my HR.
Back
Top Bottom