Recent content by samp

  1. samp

    TKR Samps New Knee

    at 3 weeks post op I am: pain free and off narcotics past 90 degrees of flexion but not sure how far because I don't have access to a goniometer until Friday have a little post op swelling left but seeing features of my knee can do a bunch of cool stuff I couldn't do last week like drive...
  2. samp

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    kind of. it's just super uncomfortable (the elevation) the just sitting here is definitely not working I get ridiculously stiff. I've been on the Miralax boat I have to go get more. I have more week of meds then I'm done with them all except aspirin, I'm hoping that helps :( RTKR - 08DEC15
  3. samp

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    sounds like a really kick a day with the new PTA. super glad for you. young old knees unite :) RTKR - 08DEC15
  4. samp

    TKR Smarttoys recovery

    sitting / standing in one spot is strong suck for me at 3 weeks. Just gauging when it will be less suck lol RTKR - 08DEC15
  5. samp

    TKR Smarttoys recovery

    Sounds like you're still trucking. The agility comps do sound wild fun I wish you luck in a couple weeks. Do you still swell up very much? RTKR - 08DEC15
  6. samp

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    it's so wild to me how our knees can have no visible additional swelling but can be so dang stiff...hoping things loosen up for you and the flexion starts rolling RTKR - 08DEC15
  7. samp

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    How do you do the sitting at work? You are such a trooper. My knee felt so stiff and full of metal (metaly) today after my first full sit down day at work and I work from home so I iced in almost normal fashion. Do you prop it up? Just tough it out? I have decided to take your poop fairy...
  8. samp

    TKR Samps New Knee

    I'm definitely not eating well. I'm eating nutritious but only once because I feel full rest of the day. I thought that was from the poop fairy floating everywhere but to me, but today she was present and still only ate breakfast and a cup of teddy Graham's and a banana over the next 13 hours...
  9. samp

    TKR Samps New Knee

    I did Miralax for seven days and it helped and have had to hit the liquid laxative mixed with Gatorade and it super helped but I'm off of the pain meds this is the fourth day. Poop fairy...I want to fight her. she's really hit or miss. I AM DEFINITELY NOT DRINKING ENOUGH WATER. my poor body is...
  10. samp

    TKR Samps New Knee

    When did you guys start using the restroom regularly? and did anyone else experience a drop in appetite? may be because I didn't go lift these last 8 days and travelled? but it was before too. embarrassing poop question but yeah. it's an issue. RTKR - 08DEC15
  11. samp

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    I'm at a bit over 2.5 weeks and I had right and have been driving since I dropped the narcos, but I drive with two feet so I don't know if the moving from gas to brake motion if that effects your time back. I also always drive with ice strapped on my knee... my biggest concern was making sure...
  12. samp

    TKR Samps New Knee

    I've been a stink bug killing machine. Ceiling, walls and anything on the floor. thanks for the encouragement y'all. quad control for the new year. RTKR - 08DEC15
  13. samp

    TKR Samps New Knee

    very well. 17 days post op I believe -- did my at-home kneehab today and it was my first session being off the medicine third session of the week and it was successful. no need for meds. no pain and my flexion and extension are seemingly improving. quad is still puny which makes me sad...
  14. samp

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    I live in Austin :) enjoy very coincidental we are about swapping places! safe travels!
  15. samp

    Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

    I too have wild flat feet. Such a pain in the bum. Bush's sweet tea is my everything...my mouth watered just reading those words. It's sunny and warm down here. :) I know you're coming down to take care of family but I sure hope you get to enjoy the good weather. 3 weeks and I'll be back to...
Back
Top Bottom