Recent content by sabrejet60

  1. sabrejet60

    THR Intermittent pain around greater trochanter area<

    Ibuprofen - 200 mg in the a.m., 400 mg mid afternoon Vicodin 5/325 4 times a week at bedtime Exercises - I only did them for a couple of days last week: Leg raises laying on back - 2 sets of 15 Leg raises on side - 2 sets of 15 PT gave me a stretch - IT band stretch - only did twice since it...
  2. sabrejet60

    THR Intermittent pain around greater trochanter area<

    @Josephine Yes, that's where the pain is. To answer your questions: 1. 2011 minimally invasive approach - 1 incision anterior and 1 incision near groin. Revision in 2014 to replace stem was posterior - much larger incision. 2. Pain when acting up anywhere from 2 to 6. When not acting up -...
  3. sabrejet60

    THR Intermittent pain around greater trochanter area<

    @Josephine Thanks for the reply. I would say the pain originates on the side in the area of R1B-V using the back view. But I will often feel it down to the X/Y area. Comes and goes and seems to happen more after I bend over or turn/pivot with weight on that leg. I'll be glad to answer any...
  4. sabrejet60

    THR Intermittent pain around greater trochanter area<

    Having intermittent pain on the outside of my hip around the greater trochanter area. Started bothering me about a week ago and is getting somewhat worse. It's not constant - it can happen when I stand and walk, or come on while I'm walking, or when I pivot and turn on that leg. It starts near...
  5. sabrejet60

    THR Intermittent pain around greater trochanter area<

    I'm doing really well. No more knee pain, just have some occasional soreness and stiffness that goes away pretty quick, but am I active as I want to be - walking, elliptical, biking. Couldn't be more happy with where I am today!
  6. sabrejet60

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    Have you considered getting a second opinion? I have had both hips replaced and one revision due to a loose stem. After my first THR I had intermittent issues with pain, and after three years it had progressed to the point I was left with no doubt something was significantly wrong. Prior to the...
  7. sabrejet60

    THR Intermittent pain around greater trochanter area<

    Update - good for the most part Today marks 9 weeks. Have been back to work three weeks (office), walk most days - or every other day for 20-30 minutes, use elliptical occasionally, and ride bike a few times per week as time permits. For the most part everything has been going well. I do have...
  8. sabrejet60

    THR Intermittent pain around greater trochanter area<

    Much more energetic today. Walked outside three times and two short bike rides. In 90 degree heat! Knee gets sore when I walk - I will be happy when that goes away. Today was a really good day.
  9. sabrejet60

    THR Intermittent pain around greater trochanter area<

    @1stSurgery Good advice - those tips do help me but I don’t participate in them enough. I live in Pennsylvania so we get about 40% sunshine, but this weekend is sunny, and (too) hot. I did get out today and I do feel better.
  10. sabrejet60

    THR Intermittent pain around greater trochanter area<

    Thanks, I will re-read the articles.
  11. sabrejet60

    THR Intermittent pain around greater trochanter area<

    Hip is doing fine. Walk about 30 minutes most days, with mild soreness, and I am able to do all things that I want to do with no problems - wash car, clean around the house, etc. My knee seems to still be aggravated from the surgery and will hurt a little after walking for a while. The only...
  12. sabrejet60

    THR Intermittent pain around greater trochanter area<

    The good and the bad. First the good. This coming Thursday will mark five weeks since surgery. At four weeks I was able to ditch the cane completely. There is some soreness and stiffness, and my knee will hurt a bit at times when walking, but it feels normal for recovery. I have been waking...
  13. sabrejet60

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    Agree with advice to call the doctor’s office. Otherwise you just may worry excessively and make assumptions. I know because I’m the king of worry and googling diagnoses :) and that has never been helpful or accurate!
  14. sabrejet60

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    Hopefully you will be able to avoid the physical work until evertying feels great and the weather cools off. I read in your previous posts that you had some concerns about having manual labor jobs and not many other options, and you mentioned your ACT scores not being great. Do you have a...
  15. sabrejet60

    THR Tallguy79 recovery<

    I can walk without the cane and am allowed to as much as I feel comfortable doing so. If I go out to the store or in public, or go for a walk outside I use the cane - I still have some soreness and weakness but not too bad. If I walk a lot it can get a little sore. In the house I use it a lot...
Back
Top Bottom