I'll chime in here too, even though I'll say the same thing as everyone else. You should absolutely get the surgery and get your life back. I was at zero pain after only like 4 weeks post-op. Months later you will be amazed at how you can get through every day without thinking about your hip...
@Jaycey thanks for your reply. I do have a 1 year follow up scheduled but it's not until April. I'm thinking I will give it a week or so and if it's still popping regularly I will make an appointment.
9 months update!
Well it's true what they say - you only come back to bonesmart when you're having problems. I've been away for, oh about 6 months or so. Everything is going great! I rarely think about my hip anymore unless I'm exercising because that's when I have to remember not to jump too...
9 weeks update:
Doing great! Going back to work at 6 weeks went just fine. I was kinda worried since a lot of people here seem to wait a lot longer before they get back to work. I am back to normal and feeling good. My energy drain is pretty much over I think. I am still taking it easy with...
Mine was scheduled about 5 weeks after I told the surgeon I had decided to have the surgery. They also asked if I wanted to be put on a list for cancellations to bring the date up sooner. I didn't do that because I needed to plan with my employer when I'd be out. I think it just depends on how...
@sherrymorss60 I'm just one state over from you (Northern CO)! :wave:
I'll just add my experiences of pre-op - mine included blood draw and EKG, and that was it for tests. There was never a mention of a MRSA test. Had I not heard people on Bonesmart talk about the nose-swab I wouldn't have even...
You won't need any kind of leg-lifting aid. You will find it hard to lift your op leg for a while, but the secret is to just hook the foot of your good leg under the ankle of your op leg and then use the strength of the good leg to swing/move the bad leg over. Hope that made sense! You might...
@Miss Muffet So glad you made it through nerves and the op and are doing good!
Seriously, don't feel guilty about laying around all the time. That's pretty much what I did and I ended up with a great result! I never had any PT at all. I did the heel slides and splay leg stretch thingy (laying...
@dandy_candi Yes I had anterior approach. Is that what you're having? I think I would have been annoyed by the movement restrictions with posterior approach.
Well I wasn't planning on posting again but I think I'm addicted to sharing my story with strangers or something. :snork:
6 week update
Things are going so good! I went back to work this week and I literally forgot all about my hip several times while I was working. I only remembered if I bent...
@Hip Hip Hooray!
I also stuck to the pre-op threads before my surgery. I think I started reading one post-op thread and got scared and turned back! People tend to post there when they have problems and I didn't want to be thinking about potential complications of surgery or recovery; I didn't...
I think some surgeons use a special glue to close the incision and maybe they don't need a dressing over the top? Maybe the glue is the barrier to infection.
You've gotten a lot of tips already but I'll add mine for the sleeping situation. I'm not a back sleeper normally and found it hard to adjust. I found that if I used both a pillow under the knees, AND pillows on the side of the op leg, I was able to be just slightly turned to the side and sleep...
@Cynthia777 I'm sure I'll be back 'round these parts when I have to get the left hip done! My surgeon said he could tell by looking at my x-rays that a LTHR was in my future. I don't have any symptoms as of yet though.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.