Recent content by rtkneeandy

  1. rtkneeandy

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    @funkymuse...Wow....It seems that we all have our troubles here, and you are having more than your share. You and I are some of the worst for both flex, and extension that I can find on the forum. My last PT visit is tomorrow...no more left on insurance. They limit me to 20 visits. Im only at...
  2. rtkneeandy

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    @funkymuse...Are you doing any better? Hows the ROM?
  3. rtkneeandy

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    It was about 50. With only 55 to 60 flex I know the walking is tough. I still can't do stairs properly because I'm not at 95 yet. Can't believe a degree or two makes a difference. My quad and IT band are in knots as well. PT is doing something called (Dry Needling) to help with the knots in my...
  4. rtkneeandy

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    Hey there @funkymuse, how are things? Sounds like you have had a rough run of this....I'm only at 94 degrees flex and 13 extension. Getting around somewhat better, but hurts after being up for 15 or 20 minutes. PT once or twice a week until the end of the month then I'm out of visits. Knee still...
  5. rtkneeandy

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    Its is supposed to keep the kneecap from slipping from side to side..It felt better immediately. I know everyone is different, but I wanted to share just in case.
  6. rtkneeandy

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    By the way I'm still taped today. Its been on for a week. PT is going to change it today and retape the same way.
  7. rtkneeandy

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    My PT uses one of these on me for the quad, so I think you are on the right track (for what its worth).
  8. rtkneeandy

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    Hi there, hope things are getting better. Addressing the pain under kneecap. My PT taped (image below) my knee to help relieve the pain "AND IT WORKED", not much has actually worked as explained for me. I was very surprised.
  9. rtkneeandy

    MUA 10 weeks out and low ROM<

    Yes it was "sweaty" very uncomfortable. What is your ROM now
  10. rtkneeandy

    MUA 10 weeks out and low ROM<

    No exercises for the first week then about half Quad and calf massage, then sitting with leg hanging he would manipulate the joint by pulling down and forward. He also sports taped the quad to help with nerve desensitization. Moving kneecap around to "break things loose". Ending with stim and ice.
  11. rtkneeandy

    MUA 10 weeks out and low ROM<

    @Gel-girl How much PT did you have? What did it consist of? What was your ROM numbers before and after?
  12. rtkneeandy

    MUA 10 weeks out and low ROM<

    Yes it was worth it. Im at 79 degrees flexion and +12 extension. Prior I was at 45 and 25 extension. Pain level is higher but different. Quad is very painful as well as under kneecap. PT says the kneecap pain is caused by the lack of movement in the kneecap, which is getting better slowly...
  13. rtkneeandy

    MUA 10 weeks out and low ROM<

    MUA on 1/19/2018 Went ok OS got 125 and 0 under anesthetic. Went to PT five days after MUA. first day ROM down to 55. Today is 1/29/2018 and flex is 72. Going to PT 3 days a week for a while. Back to work AGAIN I was off the week following the MUA, swelled and sore quad. Now most of my pain is...
  14. rtkneeandy

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    Hello, how did your MUA come out? I'm having trouble posting how about you?
  15. rtkneeandy

    MUA 10 weeks out and low ROM<

    Heading to OS at 1:00 pm today will see what transpires....
Back
Top Bottom