Recent content by rockymountainjayne

  1. rockymountainjayne

    THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

    zauberflöte congrats on your new hip. Big hugs from up here in Canada......:)
  2. rockymountainjayne

    THR I MADE IT!!

    WOW!!!!! I do so love my surgeon. Had my six week check up. I asked 3 pressing questions.... 1. Can I have a bath? Answered yes but be careful getting in and out. 2. Bubbles in bath? Answered after laughing ....yes 3. Please can I trim my toe nails? Answered yes and proceeded to show me a safe...
  3. rockymountainjayne

    THR I MADE IT!!

    zauberflöte On an actual incident I remain in the command post and either run radios or follow the search manager around, it is necessary to record EVERYTHING he says...... There is a standing joke with our group the I am "directionally challenged" (couldn't tell you north south east or west if...
  4. rockymountainjayne

    THR I MADE IT!!

    A little update. Been busy with search and rescue stuff, just got elected as secretary to our provincial body (all volunteer). Trip up there was a little long (2 hour car ride) but frequent stops to stretch and lube the joint worked well. Able to climb stairs alternating steps with cane ( purely...
  5. rockymountainjayne

    THR Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip

    Prune juice saved my...... Ummm ..... Life...:) All the softners I was given just gave me gas... Congrats on the new lease on life.....it WILL just keep getting better and better.....
  6. rockymountainjayne

    THR I MADE IT!!

    Liveringer thank you, that makes sense with my restrictions.....
  7. rockymountainjayne

    THR I MADE IT!!

    Made a trot to the mail box this morning, disappointing......all fliers..:) But, no pain on the op side. Minor pain on the other side. Will discuss with OS during my 6 week check up on May 13 how long we are gonna give the other hip. If the possibility exists for the left to be as "pleasant" as...
  8. rockymountainjayne

    THR I MADE IT!!

    I am wondering what type of approach I had, my scar is about 8" just below my panty line (no thong...:) ) on the side of my thigh....I forgot to ask the OS last time I saw him...
  9. rockymountainjayne

    THR I MADE IT!!

    Kim22 I love my ipad.... Having that discomfort when I sit at computer makes me feel less guilty about not going back to work....:)
  10. rockymountainjayne

    THR I MADE IT!!

    I can't do the heat, sometimes we hit 32C, then I can be located in the freezer section of our local Sobeys. It is a short lived heat tho, much prefer fall and late spring for temperatures. Latest update: Feeling awesome, still doing post op exercises. Couple of occasions when I have gotten out...
  11. rockymountainjayne

    THR I MADE IT!!

    zauberflöte that is way too hot!!!!! Hopefully you have AC.....
  12. rockymountainjayne

    THR I MADE IT!!

    I think I am very fortunate and have very little pain, more like deep muscle aches on occasion. Before I even went on the road I tested the brake and gas pedals and had no pain. Most of the locations I would drive to involve playground zones (30 km/hr). zauberflöte yup I was thinking of you...
  13. rockymountainjayne

    THR I MADE IT!!

    The independence feels awesome. Definitely came home to rest, had my Costco run today !!!!!! It hurt, but not the hip...... :happydance:
  14. rockymountainjayne

    THR I MADE IT!!

    Wow what a day!!!! Staples out....woohoo....:) Cleared to drive, which I did around town and felt good! Cleared to ditch the crutches and use a cane. May 13 is when I see the surgeon and find out how I am actually doing......:)
Back
Top Bottom