Recent content by Rockgirl4

  1. Rockgirl4

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    3 Month Update (almost!!) It's been hit and miss with me being here lately. I needed a break from all things "knees." It's been nice to read up tonight on how everyone is doing. I haven't been in the best place mentally this Nov/Dec., and I needed some perspective on things....I can do more each...
  2. Rockgirl4

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    10 Week Update post Left-TKR Hello everyone!!! I've been MIA the last few weeks helping my 18-yr old son with a lot of homework and test prep, extra college planning, plus my husband was out of town for 8 days. I was literally back to doing IT ALL!!!! :flabber: I found it's nice to have some...
  3. Rockgirl4

    TKR Stairs

    Oh my goodness. I am so sorry this happened. I'm glad you're on the mend though.
  4. Rockgirl4

    Tibial Plateau Fracture Pain when learning to walk again

    When I hear a PT says they "could" get your more ROM, right after a DR says "this is probably it", my first thought is stop going to PT because he just wants your money (or your insurance company's money). That may sound cynical, but I've experienced it too many times and hate the way they make...
  5. Rockgirl4

    TKR Sept 25 - left knee

    I have a fibula problem in my right leg--the one in which I had my first TKR in 2019. I have loads of scar tissue wrapped around my fibular head from a set of 4 procedures/surgeries in 2015-2016. My TKR surgeon saw it during the TKR and said he couldn't remove all of it, as it would likely come...
  6. Rockgirl4

    TKR Right TKR 10/18

    I am so glad you are seeing improvement. It's tough to be patient when we can't see EXACTLY what was cut and/or how it's healing, but it definitely sounds like your leg just needs time.
  7. Rockgirl4

    TKR 4 weeks postbop from tkr

    I'm one of those people who needed my patella resurfaced, and a button placed behind it, during my first TKR in 2019. I just had my second TKR 7 weeks ago, and I didn't need any patellar resurfacing this time, so no need for the button. I'm hoping that means I can actually knee on this knee at...
  8. Rockgirl4

    TKR Left Knee TKR Recovery

    I'm at 7 weeks today, and I agree that the stiffness is still crazy and intense. I've made a bit of progress with swelling and reduced pain, but I know the stiffness and swelling takes forever to recede for some of us. I'm trying to get back to all sorts of stretching to make the rest of my body...
  9. Rockgirl4

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    Thanks @EalingGran . I've been taking Mucinex (12-Hour) 2X a day, which has really helped. I can't take most decongestants because they raise my blood pressure too much, but the Mucinex (Guafenesin) helped open my sinus within 2-3 days. That's part of what was scary last weekend---my blood...
  10. Rockgirl4

    Tibial Plateau Fracture Pain when learning to walk again

    I tend to end up taking an oxy by 7-8 pm every day too. It's like the discomfort or swelling builds throughout the day to where I just can't make it to bedtime and sleep it off. I'm not sure about the tingling though. Hopefully someone else will jump in and help soon.
  11. Rockgirl4

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    7 WEEK UPDATE!!!!! Hey everyone! Today is 7 weeks post-op on TKR #2, and I'm sorry I've been MIA.:dead: The last week was VERY interesting: The Bad 1) I'm fairly sure I was sitting on a low-grade sinus infection that blew up last weekend. Killer headache and sinus pressure, ear popping and...
  12. Rockgirl4

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    @WFD Isn't it amazing when people come together and find similarities?! I'm glad I gave you validation, even if Drs don't want to agree with us. I keep stumbling across more and more information showing people with autoimmune diseases tend to have longer/harder recoveries from ANY surgeries...
  13. Rockgirl4

    TKR Thank Goodness I Only have Two Knees!

    I'm sorry to hear about the sleep problems still and the Reflux, but I am glad your range is still improving. I know I had a lot of weird aches/pains after my first TKR in 2019. I suspected it had to do with how weird I had been walking before the surgery but never had any confirmation. I still...
  14. Rockgirl4

    TKR One Year Post-op

    I'm glad things are going so well, and your fishing trip sounds like fun. It's amazing how the knee can give us grief for months, and I remember my first TKR having THOSE days at 8 months post-op. I saw major improvement all the way to the 1-yr mark and even into years 2 and 3. I hope you...
  15. Rockgirl4

    TKR Total Knee Replacement New Girl 10 weeks out

    I hope it works itself out, whatever the cause. It seems there's never an end to the mysteries surrounding a TKR recovery. I'm in St. Louis, and it FINALLY feels like Fall this past week. I wasn't sure it would ever get here. We've lost 1/2 of our leaves though because of the drought. My...
Back
Top Bottom