Recent content by rob3dr

  1. R

    Bilateral THR Done

    @bsilvers I did watch all the videos I could on it prior to. Pretty cool stuff to be honest. I'm listening to them... as mentioned, I was a little caught off guard by it all and needed time to soak in. I'll be speaking to my doctor again soon and get details and clarification and see about...
  2. R

    Bilateral THR Done

    @Jamie You are correct. My current surgeon left and I'm back to my original one. I'm not being headstrong about the whole thing. It just took me a bit off guard. I need to let all this soak in a day or so and then see what I need to do. I remember reading on Dr. Das somewhere in my research...
  3. R

    Bilateral THR Done

    Not to be 'snarky' but this is what is upsetting for us non-clinical types. We are asked to put our trust in a doctor and then we find that we need to get a second opinion. Understand I am not lashing out at you in the least. I know you are being helpful, so please dont take it as such. It's...
  4. R

    Bilateral THR Done

    @MissMoo It was the stem in my femur that moved. ...and thanks for asking on the clarification... I had not seen @Josephine post until just now... @Josephine ... I have another appt in about 2 months with my doc. He only said at the last one that I needed to 'really' take it easy and...
  5. R

    Bilateral THR Done

    .....great. Sigh. Ah well. Going to still try to rest up and then hit it hard again and hope to get back to my old self. ...and to anyone reading, dont get discouraged by my setback. I was perfectly fine for normal day to day activities... just not the activities that I had been used to. 3...
  6. R

    Bilateral THR Done

    Yeah, @bsilvers and @Jamie ...it was my own fault. True... the doc said I could go back if it didnt hurt, but I know my own thresholds and I exceeded them. I was doing well and thought I would do better quicker. Ah well. Will get through this setback and keep at it. Dropped to going to...
  7. R

    Bilateral THR Done

    OK... so just a few days beyond 4 months. To all the folks who said 'take it easy'... you were right. About 3 weeks ago I was in class.... I had been sparring and stretching pretty aggressively. I noted 'something' clicked and went wrong in my left hip. I dealt with it for a couple weeks...
  8. R

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Thanks for the encouragement @MissMoo . It's really been tough... I'm still going to class, but not able to do what I want and work out like I want... put on 6lbs since surgery..haha... so I need to do something. I'm hoping for a clean report in a few months and can get back at it. Progress...
  9. R

    Bilateral THR Questions for the pros.

    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great.
  10. R

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Hey @MissMoo ....appt didnt go great. I knocked my left implant crooked...I'm not sure if it was sparring or if it was the stretching..or a combination. They said that the soft tissue will adapt and there is no need to go in and 'right' it... but I just have to be careful. I also tore a...
  11. R

    Bilateral THR Surgery Complete - 2/24/2015

    @lando622 yes, sir... we all seem to heal differently. I noted my left, which looked far better post surgery, gave me far more trouble than my right... and in fact, still is. PT for me was a waste, but that's not to say it wouldnt be beneficial to others and I hope I didnt come across that...
  12. R

    to wait or not to wait...

    Go for it and have matching scars... :-) but first, get advice from someone who knows what they are talking about instead of some wisecracking guy talking about matching scars. Honestly, had I not gotten them both done at the same time, I likely would be in the same boat as you with second...
  13. R

    Found surgeon to do anterior bilateral THR! Questions about recovery.

    Congrats! I had bilateral hips done less than 4 months ago. Very active prior to and since... read my recovery and pre op in the threads in my sig... hit me up if you have any questions. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here and I can only speak to my own experiences with it.
  14. R

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    @MissMoo Been out for a bit, but good to see you are getting back to class and doing things you want!!! Be careful with class.... here is a copy/paste from a post I just did on another persons post regarding the same..... I can speak to this one well! One and a half years ago, I could do...
  15. R

    Range of motion

    I can speak to this one well! One and a half years ago, I could do full splits... front or side... 24 years of martial arts. By the time I had surgery, I could barely put my shoes on. not yet 4 months out of surgery, here is where I am at... Forward flexibility is no problem. I can pop...
Back
Top Bottom