Recent content by rjrober23

  1. rjrober23

    TKR Six Years Kneeling Still Painful

    I can kneel, more or less, with cushions. I kneel at Mass as much as I can. It’s easier at home where I can put a couple pillows down. I found that it became easier with practice. A little at a time. Sometimes the kneeler at church is painful or I just can’t find the right spot that day. One...
  2. rjrober23

    TKR Six Years Kneeling Still Painful

    I’m 6 years out from Bi-lateral TKR and overall think it was a good decision. I do still have pain sometimes in my left knee, but think that is more related to sciatica and referred back issues. So, kneeling. It really hurts to kneel. It feels like spikes being shoved up into my knees. I can...
  3. rjrober23

    TKR The “Other Side” Exists!

    So here am 4 years out. Yes total recovery is possible. Do my knees sometimes bother me? Well yes, really cold weather sometimes makes them ache, but overall I don’t ever think about them. Benefits are I lost 20 pounds in the first year, now I’m down a total of 100! The first 20 happened just...
  4. rjrober23

    Revision TKR Third TKR Replacement needed

    I've struggle with RLS and sciatica for years. I also have periodic limb movement disorder, (oh joy!). My husband says its like sleeping with a dying mouse. Lovely romantic image, that! The RLS and sciatica really kicked up after the TKR on that leg, the left. I take Gabapentin 2100mg/day...
  5. rjrober23

    Revision TKR Third TKR Replacement needed

    I remember this! I finally switched my requests for pain melds to my GP. I never talked about the sleep issues, except to say I wake up due to pain so she adjusted the prescription. The PA at my surgeon said to take the pain med and my Melosicam in the morning then follow 3 hours later with...
  6. rjrober23

    TKR Well, this is un-fun

    Weather is definitely a factor. We've had a few stormy rainy days /nightshere the past week. My knees were aching and stiff. My sister, who had a TKR many years ago, "sing" to her in rainy or cold weather. This does get better. It seemed to me like the first months improvement was faster, sill...
  7. rjrober23

    TKR Where is this "Other Side" of which you speak?

    I can sit cross legged, Indian style!!:yes!: Thought that might never happen again. Of course I'm sitting on the bed and won't do that for long. Didn't think about it, just sat down to do something and Voila! Anyway, thought I'd post as a sign of hope to those earlier in their recovery. :cheers:
  8. rjrober23

    TKR Where is this "Other Side" of which you speak?

    Been swimming, knees feel stiff and odd in the water. Right knee is still puffy from fall. It feels like I skinned my knee on the inside, under the skin. Feeling achey in general tonight. It's amazing how different things are now. It's not quite 2 years since my right knee replacement and a...
  9. rjrober23

    TKR Where is this "Other Side" of which you speak?

    Thanks for the reassurances Everyone. Yes I do believe it's soft tissue injury. I've been icing and elevating, using arnica gel and taking Aleve. It took a couple days for the bruising to really show up, now there are many colors. I don't think I hit the ground with my left knee, but it's been...
  10. rjrober23

    TKR Where is this "Other Side" of which you speak?

    So this is always one of my fears since the TKRs, falling down. I inherited my mother's wobbly ankles and took a header earlier today. Uneven pavement, left ankle roll and hit the sidewalk right knee first. I was meeting a friend for lunch and went down right in front of the door where two very...
  11. rjrober23

    TKR Where is this "Other Side" of which you speak?

    I'm taking up to 4 Norco 7.5-325mg daily plus 2 Tylenol 500mg. So my daily total for Acetominephine is 2300mg. I was taking 1 Aleve twice a day, but dropped it this past week. (I take additional medications that do not have Acetominephine in them.) Here's my daily med schedule: ----- 06:00-...
  12. rjrober23

    TKR Where is this "Other Side" of which you speak?

    Sounds like good advice to me! :iagree: You're right I went from 20 to 65 very quickly. Funny how you don't always see that for yourself. I think I'll spend as much of tomorrow as is possible, legs up, ice for the knees, ice for my tea and continue watching "Doc Martin" from Season 1. (I only...
  13. rjrober23

    TKR Where is this "Other Side" of which you speak?

    I don't know what's up with my left knee, it's at 6 months or so. It's been hurting constantly the past couple days, right across the knee below the patella. Aching and sometimes sharper pain. :sigh:
  14. rjrober23

    Bilateral TKR problem with swelling??

    My right TKR is 12 months and I still have the swelling, pain and I HATE the stairs and getting out of my car. So, yes, some days I wonder if I'll ever be pain free. I just keep the 18, maybe 2 years to full recovery. And yes, activity can make it hurt more. :umm:
  15. rjrober23

    Almost 2 years after surgery-knee remains numb and painful

    Hey I'm in KC area too! Independence. I wonder about how long healing will really take too. Just a year out on the right and 6 months on the left. I have had Meralgia Paresthetica on the left leg for over 10 years. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes I don't notice, but w/ the incision on the knee...
Back
Top Bottom