Recent content by Rhodyrhody

  1. R

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    Sorry. Thought I was being kind by giving credit where credit was due. Don't worry, won't happen again.
  2. R

    Bilateral TKR Rhody on the Road to Recovery

    I don't know if it's always been "good", but before, it was unnoticeable, until I started limping. I think it's a question of quad strength, too. Sometimes I want to just "go", but the surrounding muscles aren't always on board right away. I've been consciously trying to lift me knees and...
  3. R

    TKR Dealing with RLS after TKR<

    That's a good tip, but I also make sure to bring my wife. She remembers e-ver-y-thing. :thumb:
  4. R

    TKR Word from the Other Side

    Omigosh @Smurph ! Thanks for posting this. I had the exact same issues pre-op. Am a side-sleeper and I would wake up, or do a lot of driving and my leg would like freeze, bent. It would take some time, and sometimes pain, to get it loosened up or straightened out. Now that you've...
  5. R

    Bilateral TKR Rhody on the Road to Recovery

    It's been awesome to get out and see folks. And interesting to hear people say things like, 'you look like you're walking fine.' LOL. They have no idea of the effort behind that. When I walk, I do so consciously try to maintain a decent gait. Depending on the day, there can be all kinds of...
  6. R

    TKR Word from the Other Side

    Keep up those walks, sounds like you're doing well! Hmmm...I haven't thought about that 'knee straight for sleeping' at all. Once the OS folks told me in the hospital that I could sleep on my side, I never gave a thought to sleeping with my legs straight. Have been totally sleeping on my side...
  7. R

    Bilateral TKR Rhody on the Road to Recovery

    Did another mile walk today. Not the fastest (21 mins), then again, probably not the smoothest gait yet either. Finding that, even as I'm walking that short time frame, there are some pains that come and go. I might start off with one of my knees 'clicking', then it might stop and maybe the...
  8. R

    TKR Dealing with RLS after TKR<

    Will be interested in what you hear back. I can relate to both of these.
  9. R

    Bilateral Total Knee Replacement Nov 5

    Hi Bill! @Cando I also do not have a Facebook page. It would only give me an opportunity to get in trouble :wink: I had bilateral done on Sept 11 and it's been amazing. Nowhere near as painful as I imagined it would be, but take that with a word of caution because I have quite a wild...
  10. R

    TKR Cherterr's Recovery Thread'

    I think one thing you can count on in terms of pains and discomforts that come and go, is that...you can't really count on much. Seemingly almost impossible to predict. You could have a certain pain/sensation now, it goes away tomorrow, and then it's back next week, and that will be...
  11. R

    New here and a few questions

    True that the financials can be odd. My surgeon's office called my ins co and checked what part of my deductible had been met and made me pay the rest...a couple thousand dollars. I expressed concern that, if others filed their claims first, I'd be overpaid. They basically said, sorry, but if...
  12. R

    Bilateral TKR Rhody on the Road to Recovery

    It went great...so happy to be there, I may actually try to go again tomorrow. Of course, if they play baseball until 330AM again, there's no chance of that. Was thinking today, if I disregard all the stuff going on 'around' my knee, like sore muscles, tendons popping and clicking...
  13. R

    TKR Larry’s LTKR Recovery

    I sometimes wonder if ADL's are really 'enough'? Part of the reason I had the surgery was to be able to do stuff that I consider a bit above and beyond ADL's. I don't consider being able to walk 3-4 miles a day several days a week or to play 18 holes of golf to be part of ADL's. I don't...
  14. R

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    Lotsa BIG victories in there! Trading in that sharp, burning pain for achy, to me, was a HUGE turning point. Can totally relate to needing a break from the chilled to the bone feeling from ice. At one point early on, it seemed like that feeling set in while I was taking the freezer paks out...
  15. R

    Bilateral TKR Rhody on the Road to Recovery

    We will make it. Fortunately, it's only a little over a mile away. (Plus...saw the pastor at the basketball game and told him we'd be there! :wink:)
Back
Top Bottom