Recent content by rhino1

  1. R

    Revision THR Hip Revision

    I am doing fairly well, still have some pain in psoas area. I have been advised to get some therapy to help with the pain, just haven't made enough time to do it. Thanks for checking in with me!
  2. R

    Hip Revision at 37 in Minnesota

    Very, great team all the way around!
  3. R

    Hip Revision at 37 in Minnesota

    Everything is where it is supposed to be, need to work on abductor strength and loose a few lbs. 54 years old, hit golf balls 3 weeks ago, just need to work on strengthening!
  4. R

    Hip Revision at 37 in Minnesota

    I had my revision done at Mayo with Dr. Sierra, great team. I go back for 1st follow up tomorrow!
  5. R

    Revision THR Hip Revision

    Numbness comes with sitting, I have done a lot of walking and pool walking with stretching. I was hoping the same thing that this is all part of the healing process.
  6. R

    Revision THR Hip Revision

    I am headed back to Mayo for 1st checkup post surgery. I am starting to get the weird feeling that this one isn't quite right either, strange and uncomfortable numbness while driving, and a knot in my buttocks. I will know more Tuesday after appointment!
  7. R

    Choices...decisions

    I hope they are able to get you in much more quickly than I was able to. Its an amazing facility, its a city in itself!
  8. R

    THR Fully bionic and doing great

    I return to Mayo for 1st follow up March 21st. I have to admit that something feels strange, different pain and stiffness than before. Hopefully just the healing process. I was able to hit golf balls yesterday as it was 60 degrees!
  9. R

    Choices...decisions

    Dr Sierra at the Mayo Clinic did my revision in December. Very smart and a great team with him.
  10. R

    Working from home after THR?

    You nailed it, it is totally possible to get back quickly, however it is not anywhere near the norm. I may be blessed to be that guy who just gets back earlier than expected. Follow what your body tells you and take the lead from that. Best wishes!
  11. R

    Going for revision - terrified - need reassurance and advice!

    I was never ordered any PT, just given stretches to do and told to walk. My revision was almost exactly like the original recovery, maybe a little more sore at first but I healed quickly. You can do this, and will feel better soon!
  12. R

    Revision after 6 months

    At least you have peace of mind knowing that you have an issue and it is confirmed. Hope you can be as comfortable as possible till the revision!
  13. R

    RTHR only a week away and I'm just now finding this place...yikes!!

    Every case is different and every person heals different. It is possible to get back quickly, I am a salesman and have been at my desk since a day short of 2 weeks. Its possible but not probable!
  14. R

    Revision after 6 months

    If it takes care of the pain, it is worth taking care of it. It isn't going to get better on its own. Best of luck!
  15. R

    THR Fully bionic and doing great

    I am doing great, only stiff and uncomfortable. I am working a few hours a day at the office trying to gain stamina and become more flexible.
Back
Top Bottom