Recent content by rfricano

  1. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR Back for more info

    They billed a little over 2900 and the insurance paid about 2880.00. I called JAS and my Aetna and there was nothing that could be done about it. I asked it I could send it back! Everyone said no! And yes, I understand about the billing. It make isn't so difficult to keep up with all the...
  2. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR 4 Months Post BTKR

    I started taking stool softeners as soon as I got home. Yes, it was a problem. Drink lots of water. I never took a laxative because I was scared I might not be able to get to the bathroom in time! Couldn't get up or move as fast!!
  3. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR Back for more info

    Thank you for replying! So glad that someone is using this thing! I knew they way over charged my insurance company. The rep is 2 hours away. My PT and I read the directions and we sent the rep the measurements. When we received the device, the rep gave me a choice of one time he could do the...
  4. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR Back for more info

    It is really nothing more than a fancy come along. Some plastic with Velcro that straps you in and it puts a stretch on you knee. You really can't move in this thing unless you undo 4 long Velcro straps. It was a little claustrophobic feeling to me. Took a while to get used to it. I was so...
  5. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR 4 Months Post BTKR

    ...and oh yeah, I am still using pain meds! And mine was in Jan! Hydrocone very seldom(maybe 3 a month) at night if I have really over done it and in mucho pain and a tramadol when I wake up because I am so stiff and sore and usually one at night because my knees ache.
  6. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR Back for more info

    Now that I know how much it cost, guess I will try and use it 2-3 times a day as they suggest. It is not really easy for me to use. You have to have 45 min to lay down, put it and and not move! Which for me is really difficult. Now that I can finally move around , laying in bed that still other...
  7. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

    Big Bend, you are doing wonderful! I am about 4 weeks ahead of you and your walking is much better than mine. I walk really well when I get warmed up but if a walk a long distance, like around a block, my right knee still swells up. The left knee just quit swelling about 2 weeks ago. My left...
  8. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR Back for more info

    If you saw the system, you would be floored! I think the medical company billing was way over the top. Not sure about all the codes and why but when her first comment was that my deductible had been met and the insurance would pay 100% so I didn't have to worry, I should have never ordered it.
  9. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR 4 Months Post BTKR

    Hey Wellness! Welcome to the BTKR Club! Mine was Jan 13th 2014. I can't give much advise because I am still always looking for advise! But please take the pain meds! That advice helped me the most. I was queen of the pity parties too, but then they just stopped! It does get better.
  10. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR Suzzee 2000's race to a new life.....

    Hello to all! Haven't been on here for a while. Nice to have time to read and try and catch up with everyone. I was Queen of the pity parties for a long time. My BTKR was. Jan 13. I honestly say as I read these posts that I can't remember when I had my last pity party! It does get better. As I...
  11. rfricano

    Just Hello, and I'm scared

    I had to walk upstairs when I got home after 4 days in hospital with a BTKR. Because all my living quarters are upstairs I stayed up there most of the time. But after a couple of weeks, I used the hand rails and used the stairs maybe once a day up and down. Good luck! You got this!
  12. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR Back for more info

    Just wanted to stop in for an update. My doctor prescribed the JAS System for my right knee. Was really excited to try it. After speaking with JAS (super nice people) it had to be done through Beavans Medical for Aetna Ins. Spoke with the woman at Beavans Medical about the cost. She would not...
  13. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR Back for more info

    I will try that. I like to keep my drugs to a minimum but I won't quit taking the pain pills. I did phase out the hydrocodine because I didn't like the way it made me feel. The tramadol seems to be working great. Overdid a little yesterday and slept a little late this morning. But on my...
  14. rfricano

    Bilateral TKR Back for more info

    The cortisone was only for 6 days. I don't normally like to take the cortisone but I was getting desperate. I am on taking the anti inflammatory and tramadol for pain when needed. I have been having a problem getting swelling down on my right knee. The left knee swells and goes down, the right...
Back
Top Bottom