Recent content by Remy

  1. R

    TKR Left TKR Surgery on December1st - recovery so far

    Back on March 12th I though Spring was here -- wrong! It was 23 yesterday morning and I had to scrape my windshield. I long for the hot, humid days of summer. I've been progressing steadily and the swimming program I'm on is fantastic. It is a deep-water aerobics class and an hour of...
  2. R

    TKR Left TKR Surgery on December1st - recovery so far

    14 Weeks and an update for you. I'm feeling fantastic! The knee has been progressing at a good clip and I'm so happy I had this surgery. I started back at the gym last week and also swimming. I was worried about not being able to get out of the pool (on the ladder) but I had no problem...
  3. R

    TKR Left TKR Surgery on December1st - recovery so far

    Bottomshollow, I started back to work full-time on January 5th, because I don't get paid when I don't work. I was actually quite happy to get back to work, being homebound in the winter here in MD kindof sucks and I enjoyed getting back to the office, seeing everyone and getting back into a...
  4. R

    TKR Left TKR Surgery on December1st - recovery so far

    Hello Everyone - Eight weeks out as of last Monday and I'm feeling great. I do have some swelling -- mostly when I'm at work. When I went for PT yesterday after work, my knee was tight and abit swollen. I had been typing a long brief and spent most of the day sitting down. My PT said to...
  5. R

    TKR Josephine's knee story

    Way to go Josephine!! Your recovery is going well now. It's amazing how quickly your body can adapt isn't it? I'm 8 weeks out as of Monday and, besides some swelling in the evening when I've done a lot, you'd never know I've had a knee replacement. As you, of all people, it's a long process...
  6. R

    TKR Josephine's 2nd knee story - short version

    Way to go Josephine!! Your recovery is going well now. It's amazing how quickly your body can adapt isn't it? I'm 8 weeks out as of Monday and, besides some swelling in the evening when I've done a lot, you'd never know I've had a knee replacement. As you, of all people, it's a long process...
  7. R

    TKR Left TKR Surgery on December1st - recovery so far

    Hi everyone - I thought I'd get on and let you know how recovery is going so far -- now almost 7 weeks out. I went back to work full-time on Monday (Jan 5th) and was surprised how totally exhausted I was. I must confess that I did get a bout of an incredible cold on Christmas Day that wiped me...
  8. R

    TKR Left TKR Surgery on December1st - recovery so far

    The pain is similar so I would be interested if you could find out what your PT said and also if you could let me know what the stretching exercise is. It definitely is uncomfortable when I sit down/drive -- wherever my thigh hits the edge of the seat and to my knee. Thanks for commenting...
  9. R

    TKR Left TKR Surgery on December1st - recovery so far

    Sonny'sWife - my incision is healing wonderfully although it's pretty ugly!! I will start swimming on Jan. 5th but was told no hot tub until the end of January because of the bacteria. How strange -- I would think I'd have less bacteria in my home hot tub than in the YMCA public pool with all...
  10. R

    TKR Left TKR Surgery on December1st - recovery so far

    Hi Josephine - here are my answers to the questions: 1. my pain level is usually at a 3/4 -- mostly because of the tightness but also the discomfort at the back of my thigh. 2. I'm taking Narco - 5/325. I take one at 6-7:00 am and one at 8-9:00 pm before bed. 3. I ice my knee first thing...
  11. R

    TKR Left TKR Surgery on December1st - recovery so far

    Good Morning - I'm now entering my 3rd week post-op. I feel great! I have been doing my exercises and then icing faithfully. The icing makes me stop and focus on myself. This time of year is busy but I've been taking a lot of time with elevation and icing and I'm sure that has made this a...
  12. R

    TKR Left TKR Surgery on December1st - recovery so far

    Hello all my buddies at BoneSmart - Here I am a full week after my TKR. This is how my surgery and recovery went for those freaked out about an upcoming surgery. For me -- I'm thrilled with my progress and so happy that I had this done. Went into the hospital on Monday, December 1st, checked...
  13. R

    2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    I find that bribery & scare tactics work wonders at a young age :loll:I hope you're doing well. I'm into the final countdown and, since being off all meds now since Friday, I am so glad to be getting this replacement on Monday! I almost forgot how crappy my knee had become. I'm starting to...
  14. R

    2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Tisipoohbear - looks like I can't privately message you until I've posted 10 times. I don't think I have that much to say!! I'll check out other posts though. If I see something that can benefit us now, I'll let you know.
  15. R

    2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Well, we've got less than two weeks -- can you believe it!! I'm actually very excited and ready to get it done and on with my recovery. I'm hoping for a steady recovery so my husband and I can hike the Grand Canyon and a few other national parks in September. I'm a walker/hiker for a few...
Back
Top Bottom