Recent content by Reebok

  1. R

    TKR Careful what you wish for

    Had nominal two year checkup this week. Surgeon says I am doing so well there is no need for any further visits unless I have a problem. Officially discharged from treatment with a full glowing positive report. 135 degree rom, can kneel, walk, sort or run, I ride a bike two hrs a day, so am...
  2. R

    TKR Careful what you wish for

    12 months out. Cant believe the difference. Walking normally. Working normally. Sleeping normally. Very happy with result Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  3. R

    TKR Careful what you wish for

    Well, nine month checkup due in two weeks. Rom about 110 degrees. Extension, about 2-3 degrees. I can push it straight, and sleeping has not been an issue for some time. Gave up all meds inc sleeping tablets late last year. Riding a bicycle is now fun. Been back at work since 6 weeks TKR, and my...
  4. R

    TKR Careful what you wish for

    Apologies to all. My maths was out by a month. Should have been five and a half months post op. Not normal yet, but the closest I have been for almost twenty yrs. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  5. R

    TKR Careful what you wish for

    Well its almost the end of the year, and four and a half months after my tkr, I feel like I am getting somewhere. Rom is now between 105-110, with about five degrees coming in the last few days. Stairs are a hindrance rather than a problem, driving isnt an issue, and yard work just like normal...
  6. R

    TKR Careful what you wish for

    Wedding went well. Good to see people just being happy! Long day though. Managed to survive, spent the sunday putting up the xmas lights, all 5000 of them. But it is pleasing at night, and seeing kids and adults as they see the lights. Turns an otherwise dark street into something special...
  7. R

    TKR Careful what you wish for

    Well I overdid it this weekend. Went four wheel driving with my two oldest boys this weekend. Not ready for camping and a weekend of outdoor life yet. A nana nap each afternoon got me through it, but I was a mess when I woke for work this morning. Looks like it will take longer than I hoped...
  8. R

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    That should have been pre determined. ! Spellcheckers! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  9. R

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    I have heard of that walking trail. A real accomplishment! I hope you are looking forward to it. Could be a marker between past and future? Sometimes the 'slower' journeys have more impact than the rushed ones. I spent five weeks in the himalayas in 2009, and it was a revelation for me, the...
  10. R

    TKR Careful what you wish for

    Will take your kind wishes on board. After all, I have another child getting married in two weeks, and will be enjoying myself at the wedding. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  11. R

    TKR Biggest issue - discouragement/pain

    I couldnt stand the compression stockings, but did what I was told for the first six weeks. Agreed . Not the best look, they are uncomfortable, and the proverbial PITA. But I did what I was told. Have no idea if they made any difference at all. Almost believe it is like a canary in the...
  12. R

    MUA Aussie Icy Pole (popsicle)

    120 is a great result. I am happy with my ROM, and I dont think it is as good as yours. Hang in ther! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  13. R

    TKR Careful what you wish for

    And a future filled with great life and events. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  14. R

    TKR Careful what you wish for

    I am at 4 months in a day or so. Where am I? Working 5 days a week is now doable. Mowing the lawns, cutting the hedge, working on hobbies on weekends is getting back to normal. Been to weddings now, and dancing with my patient wife is now enjoyable again. Stairs are almost routine, and not an...
  15. R

    TKR Nights are the worst!

    I am at 4 months, and there is light at the end of the tunnel. It does get better. But it is not back to normal for me yet. But it does get better. And that is the good news! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom