Recent content by Realhippy49

  1. Realhippy49

    THR First good day

    I am tryong to walk some and the hip goes along nicely, but then the sciatic begins to cry out for attention. I have asked family for more company since I am a big peple person. Sitting here without smiling faces and the sounds of children is the thing that is causing distress
  2. Realhippy49

    THR First good day

    I had a second good day! I decided to get organized and apply my "7 habits of highly effective people ". My days were one long day blending into the next and it was getting depressing! No earth shaking goals, get up @ 8 am, shower, ice, play my flute, exercise, go to bed at 11 pm. But it helped!
  3. Realhippy49

    THR First good day

    @LibraryLynn I am curious, are you a librarian? I retired from a school library two years ago.
  4. Realhippy49

    THR First good day

    @Legin it is so cool to "hear" your accent! My son-in-law took my granddaughter to London this past fall. She is a big Dr. Who fan. We have this cute childrn's book "If you give a mouse a cookie" in the US. It is about a pet mouse who asks for a cookie, and then wants something else, and then...
  5. Realhippy49

    THR First good day

    @Legin i am reading Tuesdays with Morrie. There is a lot to learn in suffering. I was the energizer bunny, now turned into the tortoise. Pain is bearable now & my super OS is going to refill my pain prescription. He must be acknowledging that I do have an extra issue. So I am enjoying being...
  6. Realhippy49

    THR First good day

    @GrannyDi Hubby & I have been through some very hard times together, but the important part is we staid together! What would I do without hom now? He humors me and keeps me going. That is true love!
  7. Realhippy49

    THR First good day

    @LibraryLynn such a thorough response! So you did well with the acupuncture, nice. Yes, we are individuals and I am looking at the side of what has gone right. There is so much to be thankful for. My husband has shown a side that I never really experienced in 37 years of marriage. He is an auto...
  8. Realhippy49

    THR First good day

    @Cindy99 thanks for your response. I am so sorry to hear of your difficult recovery. Have you looked into any alternative therapies, chiropractory or massage , etc. I will pray for your healing & write back soon!
  9. Realhippy49

    THR Sagefemme's Recovery Diary

    I hope you are recovering well and all the urinary problems are cleared up!
  10. Realhippy49

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    I too will pray for you. What about a cleanse. I have seen something about it on TV, they put their feet in a bath and it drew out the metals.
  11. Realhippy49

    THR First good day

    @Legin recovery is so slow. I want to be hopeful, but the pain from sciatic nerve is dragging me like a heavy anchor. How are you holding up?
  12. Realhippy49

    THR First good day

    You guys are. The best! My OS told me I'd be walking a mile 6 weeks aft er surgery. Well, today I made it to the mailbox down our short driveway using my sturdy walker. 2weeks to go, so I guess I'll be on a cram course.
  13. Realhippy49

    THR First good day

    @Granny Di Is this how you send a message?
  14. Realhippy49

    THR First good day

    Started week five of recovery today. I am on somewhat of a schedule. I like legin, am not used to a sedentary lifestyle. I must accept this. I remember when I was a small child and all the others were out playing and I had to lay still in bed. My sister and a friend felt sorry for me and put me...
  15. Realhippy49

    THR One step at a time

    I went to the graduation and did fine. I was scared though, being in a huge crowd in the wheelchair. I felt so low to the ground and helpless. I will go for my 6 week appointment on May 24th and I made sure I would see the surgeon, not the PA. This is due to the sciatic nerve damage. I want him...
Back
Top Bottom