Nothing much new to report, recovery still seems normal and I am fully back to all my projects and even carrying some heavier stuff around. I finished the A/C replacement after getting a buddy to help move the new unit around back with a hand truck and lift it up onto the deck. At 150 awkward...
Thanks, Layla, I was well on my way to enjoying my summer but then my 29 year old air conditioning system died, of course during this nasty heat wave. I have new equipment coming next week so will need to install that before I get back to my regularly scheduled program. It's always something!
Another milestone for me at week 13 post op... I needed to change the oil on my car which needs to be raised on my QuickJack hydraulic lifts which comprise two 5 1/2' long steel units, one for each side, that weigh 96 pounds each. I have them stored leaning against the garage wall so I needed...
One interesting part of this is that many serious cyclists can keep riding pretty well even as their hips (and knees) fail since cycling is non-weight bearing. Many of us have done so many miles that we are one with our bicycles. For me, I was riding my bike right up until my surgeries... I...
We had a similar discussion not long ago. @trailrunner and I both seem to have had flexibility asymmetries between left and right hips, forever. I recall in college I could easily cross my left leg over right knee but doing right over left was difficult or impossible. That was waaaay before I...
I never could cross my right leg over onto the left like that to put a sock on. Never. But with the new hip I am just able to bend over from the waist and slide one on over the toes and then lift the leg and pull the sock on from behind. Another trick that has always worked is to sit on my...
12 week update... recovery seems to be on track. I have done about 180 miles on my bikes over the last 2 weeks, half on my pedal gravel bike and half on my home-made e-bike. The e-bike allows me to pedal with as much or little effort as I want so is probably a better recovery tool. It takes...
There are a bunch of us cyclists here, for sure. See also the threads over in the social room. I had the anterior approach and was amazed how fast I have recovered... walking without aids, driving, returning to cycling way ahead of the advertised times. Don't get me wrong, it was still major...
Sounds like you are doing great with plenty of activity. Hopefully returning to work won't be too bad, get up and walk as much as you can.
Yes, the doc noted that my other (left) hip is also worn out and might eventually need replaced, but like yours it is largely asymptomatic. My pre-op...
There is lots of discussion and advice for preparations in the hip surgery pre-op area of BoneSmart. Just go back one level and you'll see it. I had anterior approach so the limitations are different and my condition was pretty good so the stuff I got away with may not be applicable. Plus...
Interesting, I had zero issues with hamstrings nor did I have significant swelling. I did have a good bit of soreness in my outer quads and more in the flexors. Flexors and maybe the joint capsule still have some healing and recovery to do, but don't hamper my dailies, walking or cycling...
Another day, another ride... same trail slightly different location. Not sure when I will have another chance to ride and the heat next week may force me to stay indoors again so I had to do it. Today I rode the part from Point of Rocks to Harpers Ferry and back, 25 miles round trip. I...
I kinda need a new MTB, too since I have converted my old Stumpjumper FSR and Cannondale F1000 to mid drive e-bikes. Both are a hoot to ride and on the road can still get decent exercise... just go a lot faster! I really like Pivot and Ibis and I might even have one except I am right between L...
Oh, maybe moderately. I never take crazy risks with any of it, for instance I don't jump my mounting bike, especially now with artificial joints. And I never did anything really crazy like sky diving, hang gliding or base jumping! Those people are nutz. LOL.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.