Recent content by ralfski

  1. ralfski

    TKR ralfski's own recovery thread

    @lavender Hope your cortisone injection goes well today and brings you much relief.
  2. ralfski

    TKR ralfski's own recovery thread

    Thank you for the Benedryl suggestion! Great idea & I'll try that. It's crazy....I've NEVER had this problem (or at least not for more than one night here and there). It's NO fun. I hope your hubby gets his sleep routine back soon. Any clue as to how long this goes on?
  3. ralfski

    TKR ralfski's own recovery thread

    New wrinkle...just wondering if insomnia is a common complaint for TKR folks. I've Never had trouble sleeping...ever. But recently I can not get to sleep nor stay asleep for more than an hour or two at a time. My mind seems just to race....weird, what's with that? I am not taking much in the...
  4. ralfski

    MUA billywhizz666 - the saga continues

    OMG Jimmy! What a horror story...you really should write a book! I hope the coming days will bring you some comfort and healing! You certainly are in our prayers and thoughts. Like Deb said, let them take care of you! Please feel better soon.
  5. ralfski

    TKR ralfski's own recovery thread

    @tiredwife Thanks for the posting. I think I can do most of what I need to do without a physical therapist. I might try to ask around here to see if anyone knows of someone who has a gentler approach. Doctor did say I was fine to go in the pool....just not to overdo. Hope you and your hubby...
  6. ralfski

    TKR ralfski's own recovery thread

    A huge thank you to you all...I really was beginning to feel as though my lack of progress in getting this old girl (my new knee) to bend was some failing on my part. Of course, I recognize that I do that a lot. If something isn't right I automatically look to find the failing on my end. Now...
  7. ralfski

    TKR ralfski's own recovery thread

    THANK YOU, THANK YOU...thank you so much Holly! Your experiences really do sound like mine. I appreciate so much your taking the time to comment. You made my day! Heck, you made my week! Best of luck to you on your cortisone shot next week. Let us know how it's going. Take care; you are...
  8. ralfski

    TKR ralfski's own recovery thread

    Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well and healing smoothly. I'm at the end of 6 weeks post op from TKR. I'm still fretting over the ol'flexation # (which is 90-100)...not exactly sure where because I've been doing pt myself at home. I hope to get the ok to go to the pool and do some warm...
  9. ralfski

    TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

    I leave my cane all over the place too! :heehee:
  10. ralfski

    TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

    @tiredwife I just saw the news about your husband's mother. I am so sorry! You are in my prayers...hope she's gets released soon with no further issues. Good luck to him with his PT. Don't let them hurt him! For some reason, they seem to think that's their job. Hope you have a restful...
  11. ralfski

    TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

    @tiredwife I was so sorry to read about your husband's pain. My OS switched my meds from dilaudid to Norco 7.5-375 last week when I "hit" the 5 week mark. I've been having horrible pain, and trouble sleeping ever since. The dilaudid was working pretty well and I was able to space my doses...
  12. ralfski

    TKR Thank You - hubby has had both knees done

    Happy Saturday evening everyone. Thank you so much for all the kind and helpful advice on recovering a TKR. I was really so upset after the PT got "done" with me; I thought I'd made a HUGE mistake. You are all so helpful and caring.....THANK YOU. Today I took it easy and rested, iced and...
  13. ralfski

    TKR ralfski's own recovery thread

    I had a TKR on 21 July 2014---My range of motion is only 90. PT guy said if I don't "push" my knee past the point where I'm given a towel to muffle screams ... my knee will freeze in place and I'll be crippled. I cry every day I'm so worried about this. Please someone tell me 90 is not...
  14. ralfski

    TKR ralfski's own recovery thread

    Hi Everyone! This is my first post; but I've gotten so much comfort and information reading about all the experiences here. I'm not quite 4 weeks out of surgery. I had a PT who came to the house and pushed my knee to get the flexation # he thought I should have. I put up with 2 weeks of...
Back
Top Bottom