Recent content by Poz222

  1. Poz222

    Revision TKR Poz222's New Patella

    So tomorrow I go to my OS to get the staples out! I can't wait as they are REALLY pulling. Incision looks good. I am walking short distances with the cane (still on walker in the evenings when knee feels weaker and for longer distances). I am anxious to see what he has to say.
  2. Poz222

    Revision TKR Poz222's New Patella

    Hi Jamie, Just a question, you put under partial KR but I have a total knee replacement, this was a revision of the TKR due to complication of fractured patella. I think for support and experience it might be better categorized as a revision not partial TKR?
  3. Poz222

    TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Right)

    I think ur right that it is an undermentioned hazard... I too had no idea it happened... just started to feel "didderent"... then as the button separated and moved around I had lots of pain when I went upstairs (weight on blended knee). But I was walking on it... glad u are starting to get it...
  4. Poz222

    Revision TKR Poz222's New Patella

    Thanks! I still have my right knee (I thought THAT would be my next surgery, but I'm gonna hold out as long as possible)...!!! Life had other plans I guess? On a positive note, that after the other knee, I'm kinda out of joints to Replace!! I really hope your recovery goes well for you! Keep...
  5. Poz222

    Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

    Wow... they really did a number huh? Hope you have lots to keep u busy while healing! Keep up the amazing attitude and get back to living! I am always in awe of what they can do these days for us... things that just a few years ago would have been "that's it" injuries are now repairable! Be strong!
  6. Poz222

    Fractured Patella 18 mos post TKR

    PegGar, how u doing? Update for me... so I had the Surgery on March 16th and now I have a recovery thread for that procedure here.
  7. Poz222

    Revision TKR Poz222's New Patella

    I had surgery on March 16. Lookin' like half the patella was crushed and the button was loose so they removed it. They were able to use the other 50% and reshape it into a small patella but I will have to watch how I stress it as it is pretty tiny. The cut on the knee is a bit longer than the...
  8. Poz222

    TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Right)

    I remember you from during my journey with the knee... and I too am dealing with a patella fracture! I have my TKR in August of 2015 but I don't have any memory of a moment that it fractured... just that I noticed the "dead area" on the left side of knee was suddenly sensitive. I had a...
  9. Poz222

    Fractured Patella 18 mos post TKR

    My OS who is doing the surgery said for what he is currently doing, I will not be put in an immobilizer and he wants me to do passive GENTILE motion to get the portion of the kneecap remaining to work "into the groove". But it will be non weight bearing for a few weeks, but bending. If, when he...
  10. Poz222

    Fractured Patella 18 mos post TKR

    Thanks for putting my mind at ease some... the way some of the OS acted (not the one who is doing my surgery as he is a revision specialist and I think seen a lot of situation, so,he seemed unfazed by the prospective) but the non-specialist OS all were like "oh man that is complex, you could end...
  11. Poz222

    Fractured Patella 18 mos post TKR

    Hi sistersinhim, thanks for ur replay (I think we posted the same time). I am relieved to hear that removal,of the patella is not the "end of life as I know it".... I been down the recovery road a few times and although it really bites, I'm sure I will get through it... my main fear is that I...
  12. Poz222

    Fractured Patella 18 mos post TKR

    It was discussed, but so far, all the tendons and such are intact. They have to go and and remove the button... the doctor said that if he gets in there and there is just not enough left to use, they might end up removing... what are the limitations I can expect wit it removed? I am a bit...
  13. Poz222

    Fractured Patella 18 mos post TKR

    Whoowie... I got me a doozy of a problem... Well, I find myself back on this site after a big setback. I had a LTKR in August 2015 and had a pretty ok recovery. Everything doing fine until Oct/Nov when I noticed my new knee feeling "funny". I can't say it was pain, but DEFINITELY discomfort and...
  14. Poz222

    TKR New life with my new knee 8/11/15

    Oh no!! I totally feel where your coming from... My non TKR knee is really starting to act up... Although I am not sure if it is in fact worse or if the TKR knee has advanced to the point it just feels worse?? Either way I am sad to hear you have to go through this so soon and at the same time...
Back
Top Bottom