Recent content by ploganea

  1. ploganea

    THR Surgery 9/29 I've Got Questions

    Pumpkin, Just what I needed. Thanks so much!
  2. ploganea

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    I did really well! I woke up in recovery asking "Am I dreaming?" and the nurse would say no, "you just had surgery." Then I would ask "But, Am I dreaming?". She would laugh and say, "no, you just had surgery." That went on for a couple of times before I really woke up. Overall everyone at...
  3. ploganea

    THR Surgery 9/29 I've Got Questions

    I had a right total hip replacement last Tuesday. I went home on Wednesday. After getting home I had nausea and vomiting on Thursday but after that I've had bits of recovery every day. I am just taking Tylenol as pain meds caused problems. But I have questions: 1. I wake up every night and...
  4. ploganea

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    @CricketHip I am trying to get everything done but my clients aren't helping. When they don't get me what I need, even though it is their fault, it will make me stressed. The house is rearranged, food is cooked and in the freezer so I have done what I can do. You are almost there, best...
  5. ploganea

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    @Kim22 I am hoping the swelling on my left leg is due to OA. I plan on talking to the PA tomorrow when I have the pre-op. @topgun This waiting is tough. I am self-employed so I am trying to get everything done for my pre-op, rearranging my house and work! At least I am staying busy but it is...
  6. ploganea

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    I have my pre-op appt and physical tomorrow. I am looking forward to getting my right hip fixed but now my left leg is swelling. The left hip is the good hip! I guess I am getting anxious. I really wish my surgery was sooner, Sept 29th seems far away.
  7. ploganea

    RTHR Sep 30th, Anterior Approach

    @Plum Perfect I don't think I can be out running in 90 days. My right hip is being replaced this months but my left will need to be replaced soon. But I am thinking about getting a dog and start working on the basics. Looking at your picture makes me so ready to get back into agility! I live...
  8. ploganea

    RTHR Sep 30th, Anterior Approach

    @Plum Perfect, I am excited to see that there is another agility person here. My Shelties and I both had to stop due to my hip. I no longer have my Shelties but my goal after the surgery is to get new rescue Shelties and get back to agility. I didn't compete because Dusty, who loved agility...
  9. ploganea

    Kind of Embarassing Catheterization Question

    Deepbreath, the last surgery I had, the catheter was put in after I had the general anesthesia. If so, that would be painless for you. I think you OS will tell you the same but I would ask. Isn't it interesting that we each have our own concerns. I am worried about getting up to go to the...
  10. ploganea

    September 29. My surgery was moved up!:)

    I will put the issue of giving blood on my list of questions. I can do it, I just have a hard time with needles and especially giving blood. Don't ever take my blood pressure right before sending me to a lab for a blood draw! :loll:
  11. ploganea

    September 29. My surgery was moved up!:)

    Oh, you brought up something I hadn't heard of. Do I have to give blood? Has anyone besides @topgun had to do that? Sorry but I am a wimpering baby while giving blood. (I probably shouldn't admit that, but it is true.)
  12. ploganea

    September 29. My surgery was moved up!:)

    You were my Sept 29th buddy but now I guess you are closer to the middle of Sept? Great for you! I would just do the best you can on the weight loss. I am also trying to lose a little before the surgery but also strenghthen my arms. We were advised to do that by the ortho nurse who taught...
  13. ploganea

    When To Schedule Primary Physician Appointment After Surgery?

    I spoke to friend who is a retired physical therapist. She said that with the distance we live from a hospital or pharmacy, she would advise speaking to the doctor about rehab hospital for at least a few days after my surgery. So, I will talk to the doctor. I am a person who likes to be home...
  14. ploganea

    When To Schedule Primary Physician Appointment After Surgery?

    You know what I don't understand....why don't they give the RX for the pain meds to the person accompanying us rather than making us wait at the pharmacy after being released? My husband had surgery on his knee, a partial meniscectomy (removal of his meniscus.) We had to wait 90 minutes before...
  15. ploganea

    Two Hour Drive After Surgery?

    Surgery date is Sept 29th.
Back
Top Bottom