Recent content by plnppl

  1. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @H2OPoloMom Hi there some of my posts have disappeared but I did write to say that I was sorry to hear about your hubbie having a stroke and hope he is recovered now! You sound as if you are doing really well! Keep up the good work! My knees are doing okay... The right one much better than the...
  2. plnppl

    TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

    @H2OPoloMom just catching up and read the news about your hubbie! I do hope that he is okay now and. Doing better! My knees don't clunk anymore but do swell and it slows me down to a snails lace but all in all they are improving. We leave in 10 weeks for our big trip so praying for more...
  3. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @H2OPoloMom ,@tiredwife,@msmechanic58 just popping in to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. My knees are improving, we have a beautiful new Grand daughter who is thriving and a trip to Europe booked for April next year! Hope you are all doing well! :reindeersleigh
  4. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @H2OPoloMom @tiredwife @msmechanic58 Hi girls I haven't been on in a while and thought I would drop in and see how you all are doing! :sneaker:Life started happening.. My youngest daughter had a little girl 8 weeks preemie! She is doing really well and came home on Monday! Haven't had a cuddle...
  5. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @H2OPoloMom congratulations you sound as if you are doing great! Well done! The stairs are pretty impressive! I haven't really attempted any as there hadn't been the need so I am not sure how I would go. I went for a walk this afternoon but went a little too far even with resting a couple of...
  6. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @H2OPoloMom I have started back on regular pain medication as well and it does help. I was off it totally until the knee twist! It certainly dies help! My wailing ability has dropped back but I am sure that will pick up once the oft tissue settles? How is everything going for you!
  7. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @tiredwife yes they are great! I bought something similar for our other daughter and it was so useful.. it still is. Always good to check on the little ones and be able to see they are okay without going into the room. I have been icing and resting up and have started taking some anti...
  8. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @tiredwife our daughter got some beautiful baby gifts at the shower. Little outfits are so cute and she got Baby towels and a baby Ergo carrier as well as heaps of other things. We gave her a Baby Monitor. It did feel good to be doing something not TKR related but my knees were so sore! Things...
  9. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @H2OPoloMom @tiredwife @msmechanic58 just dropping in to say hi! This cough has finally improved and I am feeling better. Most people who caught this bug have had it for about 4-5 weeks! Our days here have been beautiful of late but now people are sneezing from the pollens and grasses. Still the...
  10. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @H2OPoloMom @tiredwife @msmechanic58 well I saw the physio and he doesn't seem to think that I have damaged the knee replacement! Yeah! He said that if it doesn't settle down to go and have it x rayed but thinks it's soft tissue damage!:loveshwr: I see him again on Monday for another...
  11. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @msmechanic58 please get that storm shelter finished! We had the news over here of tornado activity in that area and had the pictures on our T.V. I say "no thank you ". Wouldn't even know what to do in the event of except get out of there and take cover! Happy that your sister in law and hubbie...
  12. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @tiredwife @H2OPoloMom yes it was a little scary and we only got the aftermath....none of the crew were worried and still served drinks outside! When we got back to our Resort we were told that everyone had to get their passport and be ready to be evacuated. Thankfully it didn't hit us! I am so...
  13. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @tiredwife @H2OPoloMom Wow fierce weather! I would not like to live with Tornadoes threats. Incredible how they can cause so much destruction but miss certain houses completely. I am glad that you were okay. When we were in Fiji they had a Tsunami warning while we were out on the ocean. That was...
  14. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @H2OPoloMom yes you are so right! I look back to the initial recovery period with all its pain etc and see how far I have come. You would be doing the same! It is just injuring my knee has worried me as it doesn't seem quite as good as it was. I rang the surgeons office and asked if he thought...
  15. plnppl

    TKR Grumpy Old Woman

    @H2OPoloMom good to hear that you are giving your knee a break when you can! You are doing really well....keep it up! The winds got very high in some areas but ours wasn't too bad so I was very happy about that! Thunder and rain with some wind gusts. Damage was done in other areas.The magpie...
Back
Top Bottom