Recent content by Pewaukee

  1. P

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    You mentioned exercise. I am seeing a special OT for fluid retention in my thigh. This is what she said, now is a time to heal. She said do light stretches and my exercises in water, walk in water etc. Because of issues with mu bursitis she said don't do anything that required me to lift my...
  2. P

    THR Recovery from Oct 12 surgery

    Awe it never seems to end. The unknown is scary. My newest problem is my leg is retaining fluid because of scar tissue and causing pain. Would have never thought if that. Thats why these guys went to school fir a long time, but after a long recovery and many goofy things happening it is hard...
  3. P

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    I am still having problems with weight bearing. Today i went to see an occupational therapist who specializes in lymphadema. Basically a condition that causes fluid build up. In my case she said i had so much scar it was preventing fluid from my lymphatic system to move and it was building up...
  4. P

    THR SI joint pain

    Thank you horseshoe, the revisionist i want to see wont do anything until a year has past so i am going to see the second best. It just seems like this will never end. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. P

    THR SI joint pain

    My bursa is much better. The injection took a couple of days to work but when it kicked in i literally threw away my cane. The inflammation in the bursa was painful and if i put weight on it the pain was horrible. Has any one had this lymphedema therapy? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart...
  6. P

    THR SI joint pain

    My THR right side was done October 2016. The journey has been long and frustrating. I still have pain and i get very sad when that pain prevents me from participating in important events. My son got married Saturday and I could only stay fir the dinner because of pain. My surgeon kept...
  7. P

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    Thank you, I have gone to two more surgeons. The placement is fine. I waited yo long to have the surgery and my other hip is bad too so its hard fir the unoperated hip to help. Lots of issues Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  8. P

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    Today, i went to my new pt who works me so hard. When I come home i an so sore i can barely move. So i have to therapist, one is a physical therapist and the other is an exercise therapist. They both said i am nursing my hip too much. They got out a hip model and showed me the tendons and...
  9. P

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    Are you doing better. I am 6 months out. The bursitis is so much better. We are now work on getting my back healthy so i can have my other hip done. I guess with both my hips being bad i walked goofy, used my back instead of my gluteal muscles when walking. Put a lo of strain on my back...
  10. P

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    I had the same pain and it was from inflammation in my bursa
  11. P

    THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

    I have not. I am hoping and praying to put it off. I am seeing a pt fir the bursitis and it is helping. The back problems are a result of favoring my operated leg due to the bursitis. I have no idea what to do about pain meds for my other hip. Those opioids are a nightmare for me
  12. P

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I had horrible back pain and all the other symptoms I just mentioned. I had an inflammation in my bursa at the top of the thigh. It was preventing me from putting weight on my leg, made me walk goofy twisting my back, caused horrible back pain. So we did a cortisone injection, ice, anti...
  13. P

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    So I got s third opinion because the lift caused more pain. It ended up I had inflammation in my bursa and that caused me to not want to put weight on my operated leg so it looked like I was limping because of pain. The new doctor said it was 1/8 off. So I got an injection in the bursa, anti...
  14. P

    THR SI joint pain

    Yes since my post. A few things have happened. I got a second opinion. My leg was only 1/8 of an inch longer so shoe lift gone. This dr was amazing. He said, your problem is you have an inflammation in your bursa and it is hindering the way you walk, sort of twisted and it is causing stress...
Back
Top Bottom