Recent content by Pescara

  1. Pescara

    TKR Sarah Jane's Summer Journey and Fall Frolic

    @SaraJane I can't find my page either. I have been very busy trying to raise the pups and my back and knee keep acting up. Ruger is up to 3.2 pounds and going to a home with a very nice lady with MS as a companion dog. Training has already started. I gave him for free even though she offered...
  2. Pescara

    TKR Widget1's recovery thread

    So sorry to hear about all your pain and everything you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and here's to a great new year.
  3. Pescara

    TKR Christine's Post Op Recovery

    It's time to dance!!! I am so happy for you. Just in time for the Holidays. What a great present. Florida is not warm this week. Today it's only 48 and won't get much warmer.
  4. Pescara

    TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

    Maybe I'm getting old but what is happening to Thanksgiving? There is already Christmas Movies and Music. We never had Black Friday, shopping was after Thanksgiving, stores and malls waited to decorate and ads didn't come out until after Thanksgiving. Oh, the good old days. I am Thankful for...
  5. Pescara

    TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

    @SaraJane, we are in rainy season and more for the next week. I need to order my rubber boots! My back and knee are feeling it. I will think of Rose every time I have to get up. I'm sure all the bending over and sitting on the floor doesn't help. The puppies are doing great and will stay at the...
  6. Pescara

    TKR Christine's Post Op Recovery

    Great to hear you walked with no pain even if it was only for a few minutes. It won't be long now !!! Happy Happy Joy Joy . Hopefully by Thanksgiving you will be up and running. Lol. :yes!:
  7. Pescara

    TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

    Went for my 6 month check- up with my OS this morning for my TKR. Everything is healing good but I still need to take it easy. Last night without even thinking I knelt on my knee and NO PAIN!!! Getting up was the hardest part. I still have a numb spot that might be there forever. I can live with...
  8. Pescara

    TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

    @SaraJane, I was reading your journal and so happy that you are getting out and doing the things you love. The wheelchair was a great idea. It sounds like you are having the time of your life. You deserve it after all you have been through and your little Whoops. How are you feeling after your...
  9. Pescara

    TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

    We got thru the first night. Madison wants nothing to do with nursing but will not leave the house. My living room is now a puppy room. A playpen, bumper pads and waterproof mattress and potty training pads and a nice bed. I think we bought out PetSmart !! @ SaraJane , Madison is such a husky...
  10. Pescara

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    I had a lot of itching and nausea after my TKR. I used Eucerin for the itch and Compizene for nausea. It seemed the hospital soap dried my skin and the Eucerin helped greatly. Hope you feel better soon.
  11. Pescara

    TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

    @tigz Thanks. I am so excited. I have to wait 6 weeks and then I can post pictures. Got great advice from the vet. Nothing under 76 degrees and nothing over 78 and no ceiling fans. I hope it cools off fast !:doggie:
  12. Pescara

    TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

    Thanks for all the sleep support. Again no sleep last night but with good reason. We noticed last night Madison's tummy was moving and thought it was gas. We were wrong. She decided to have twins !!!!! A huge surprise ! A beautiful girl and boy. Black and Tan with White paws. They are 6...
  13. Pescara

    TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

    It took time but my hip pain is finally gone. I can sleep on my stomach again. I see my old family doctor next Monday. I am still not sleeping well after 6 months :bored:. I hope he can help me. I tried Ambin but had terrible side effects. Tylenol PM and Advil PM doesn't work. I am very...
  14. Pescara

    TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

    @SaraJane I went to Amazon.com and they have very stylish and cute rain boots. I might order some for me since we get our share of rain. I couldn't believe how inexpensive they are. Yes, you finally joined the rest of the "Over did it club". Please take it easy and slow. You're right, sometimes...
  15. Pescara

    TKR Pescara's Recovery Thread

    @SaraJane, I have been a little busy trying to get my life back but had a set back. I have been having pain in my hip and literally in my butt. I had X- Rays and they can't find anything wrong. My OS thinks it is from my back. It hurts every time I try to full weight on my leg so back to taking...
Back
Top Bottom