Recent content by PegGar16

  1. PegGar16

    TKR 3 weeks Post TKR

    Hi @Abro in NJ ! I think I am a week ahead of you. Those heel slides are the worst!! My first week I spent controlling the pain and swelling. I did a few exercises with the PT but nothing major. They were the best at giving the deep massages to my thigh. The bruising and swelling was...
  2. PegGar16

    TKR Post knee surgery realism

    @Trey1 This is NORMAL!!! It was also very hard for me with the first one because I am very independent and never slowed down. I think you mentioned you were from the north east so you have a couple of months to plan your garden. My planting schedule is different so I have been mapping out...
  3. PegGar16

    TKR Knee #2

    Hi! I am a little delayed in posting but trying to catch up :) After the schedule being bounced around for a while I finally had my right TKR done on Jan 24th. So far everything is going well. I spent two nights in the hospital which was good because I did get a nerve block (as much as I...
  4. PegGar16

    Knee Infection* 4 surgeries, 2 revisions, 1 staph epi infection

    Hi @laralealu How were the CT results?
  5. PegGar16

    2022 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Hi! Looks like the right knee will be done January 19th if everything goes as scheduled :)
  6. PegGar16

    TKR My TKR Experience

    Congrats on the 12! Those meds are tough to switch around. Lots of ice and elevation is your best bet.
  7. PegGar16

    Knee Infection* Zingers - after 2 surgeries

    It is frustrating when they don't listen. After my final surgery my OS told me the best exercises I should do was the recumbent bike for flexibility and leg lifts to strengthen my quad. Other than that I just completed my daily activities. It took a little while but I got all my mobility back...
  8. PegGar16

    Knee Infection* Knee #2 Vent

    I am sorry to hear about your infection. Hopefully they will be able to identify it. I think having an Infectious Disease Doctor is best to. Mine took care of everything having to do with the infection and then cleared me for the other surgeries.
  9. PegGar16

    TKR Anyone use antibiotics for Dental Care?

    I would go with your surgeon's advice. My surgeons recommended the first year.
  10. PegGar16

    TKR Discouraged

    Hi @Rollergirl46! How bad is your swelling? That can cause problems with ROM.
  11. PegGar16

    Knee Infection* 3 temporary spacers failed, fungal infection

    Hi @2manysurgeries! I know the frustration of multiple surgeries and waiting. I had spacers for almost a year. I know nothing about fungal infections and I hope you have a good ID. Do you know what infection it is?
  12. PegGar16

    TKR Some concerns

    Hi @Judybee! I also had a cry or two along the way. Hopefully it is the frustration and not from pain. The stiffness should gradually ease as you move more. I was not used to just laying around a lot and my body didn't like it. The pain pills did a job on my stomach. Are you icing or using...
  13. PegGar16

    Knee Infection* JSA's OA and RA Journey

    No you are not a woos. I hope you can get your back to mellow out. I am glad he is checking up on everything for you, I hope you are seeing some good videos :)
  14. PegGar16

    Knee Infection* JSA's OA and RA Journey

    Hi! I hope you are not having a RA flare up. You don't need the aches and pains on top of what you are going through with your knee. What kind of repair did they do with the extensor mechanism? They tried to repair mine twice before having to use an allograft. I have always been a big Queen...
  15. PegGar16

    Knee Infection* JSA's OA and RA Journey

    Oh my gosh....I am so sorry this is happening to you. Hopefully the X-Rays will come back good. This has really got to be tough on both of you.
Back
Top Bottom