Recent content by papillon

  1. P

    Stairs after surgery

    Good leg goes to heaven bad leg goes to hell. Remember that and you will be fine
  2. P

    TKR February 7

    Hi I had a right THR 5yrs ago. Having my left the February 7th. Little anxious with this one because I still favor my right leg. Hope I have a leg to stand on!
  3. P

    1 year on the 5th of February

    Wow kneeling already. I am amazed. I still can't go down the stairs normal. Other than that I did ok. Finished PT flexion 124 and extension 0. I am back to work but I work at home on a computer. Hard to sit all day, I get stiff. I just wanted to come back to thank you for the support. You...
  4. P

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    Wow can't believe how we do things differently. You guys are just starting therapy and I only have probably 3 more sessions to go. I will be discharged at 120 degrees I am at 113 now. But this is the first day without my crutches. I probably need a cane but am trying hard to walk right. This is...
  5. P

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    Wow ice can't believe you are driving. Good to hear you are doing so well. I have kind of abandoned my thread cause they want dates and stuff I can't figure out. I am still on crutches for longer walks but independent in my house. Riding in the car was the most painful thing of this whole ordeal...
  6. P

    TKR papillon made to the bright side

    Yesterday had Dr appt and x rays. Day number 8 is the worst. Don't know if it is because I walk more or what. Just told the PA yesterday I may not need more pain meds. He wrote me a script and said to fill it just in case. Because the pain meds need to be done at a face to face visit. You have...
  7. P

    1 year on the 5th of February

    Wow they took out your staples. Please let them take mine. I go for my appt at noon. Still using crutches but feel like I made strides in pt and pain and swelling. Will let you know how my appt goes later
  8. P

    TKR papillon made to the bright side

    Lovestoread. I had my done at unity in the quad cities. I work at the va hospital across the street front the university though
  9. P

    TKR papillon made to the bright side

    Good luck icep. I think a few of us have overdone on the first few days. Remember to rest and only do you PT as ordered. I have went backwards and now can't even lift my leg any longer. I was getting scared. But after resting and elevating for the last 2 days. I think ibis better. Just wish I...
  10. P

    TKR papillon made to the bright side

    Had my surgery yesterday and everything went very good. I had a spinal for surgery and wonderful drugs. I remember walking in the surgical suite and that,s it. I used to work at this hospital many moons ago and my daughter tells me I had quite a conversation with someone about where is everyone...
  11. P

    1 year on the 5th of February

    Hey Foxmyster, I am right behind you. Had my surgery 21 hours ago. My knee feels great but I am still running on the narcotic implant. Should be wearing off soon. So glad your surgery went well and we can pal our way through this. Your knee looks great. I still have a huge dressing. Hope they...
  12. P

    papillon's total knee on Feb 6 2014

    Pre-op assessment and class went well. Glad I had them both at the same time. I confess I am not working very hard on the exercises cuz we keep having winter systems come through and my knee is killing me. The big thing I learned was that my insurance stinks. Bring your own crutches and stuff...
  13. P

    TKR 6 weeks post op and doing well

    Welcome to the group. I am having surgery Feb 6. read all you can and start doing the exercises if you can. You will find a lot of support here.
  14. P

    Ready to cancel surgery!

    @Cutter's Mom you sound just like me. When I am not in pain I wonder why I am even thinking about doing this. Then I remember I am sick of relying on people to help carry groceries into my split foyer house and I really really what to ride my bike and snorkel. Also had a second opinion and both...
  15. P

    RTKR

    I am having my surgery the day after yours. We will get through this together
Back
Top Bottom