Recent content by pamsknees

  1. pamsknees

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    Thanks Layla! I was very lucky. I was the last one done before the shutdown & was so scared that if they had cancelled, i probably would never have had it done. I now live in Portugal so exploring Europe is not as hard as it would be from the US
  2. pamsknees

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    I completely forgot to post a 5 year update! Hard to believe that its been 5 years- it seems like yesterday, but a whole lifetime ago all at once! Life is good & no longer limited by knee pain. I bought a car last year, basically to be able to travel Europe with my dog, but i still walk almost...
  3. pamsknees

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR what supplies do I need?

    Hi KC Kitty I had bilateral TKR on Mar 16, 2020 & it changed my life! My very favorite item for recovery was my 2 ice machines - 1 for each knee. That worked the best for pain relief & swelling& i think it made a huge difference for me. I also loved my recliner & my raised toilet seat. Best...
  4. pamsknees

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    Happy New Year to all! In November I decided to walk the dog & take out my recycle stuff all in one trip. I didnt want to carry a bag to the beach so piled the recycle stuff on my arms & went down the stairs . Big mistake as i couldnt see the steps over the recycle stuff & went head first down...
  5. pamsknees

    Bilateral TKR No progress ROM

    I had my bilateral TKR in Mar 2020, the day before the shutdown, so i never had any PT at all & never had any ROM measurements so i have no idea what mine is. All that i care about is that i have knees that do everything that i want them to & my knees no longer limit my life. It was a long...
  6. pamsknees

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    Yikes! It wasnt quite that hot here & has cooled quite a bit now to 23 & should stay at 23 or below for the next week.i hope the wildfires get under control quickly.
  7. pamsknees

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    Thanks @Sara61 ! I am loving Portugal & will over time explore all of it i am sure. Today with the heat wave, i am looking forward to some cooler weather.
  8. pamsknees

    Bilateral TKR Swelling Post Op 9 weeks

    I had bilateral TKR on Mar16, 2020- the day before the covid shutdown! I was supposed to stay in the hospital for 5 days but on day 2 was sent home because of covid. There was no PT ( which may have been a good thing). My ice machine was my best thing for pain & swelling relief. It was all worth...
  9. pamsknees

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    I realized that it has been a long time since I updated. My whole life has changed…….without my new knees none of it would be possible. I ended up retiring from my job & moved to Portugal! Patient care had become increasingly more difficult so while my plan had been to work until age 70, I...
  10. pamsknees

    TKR Birdwatcher's recovery thread

    Birdwatcher- I’m so glad that you’re doing better! & glad you found the cause of your pain! I haven’t been on in awhile so I just read your earlier sad post & now this one. I’ve never been a runner or had any desire to run so being told not to run had no impact on me, but I can see how as a...
  11. pamsknees

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    Today was my 1 year knee follow up . What a difference - last year before surgery, I parked in a handicapped spot & was still miserable just from the short walk in. I used the elevator & it hurt to stand in position for the X-rays. I was exhausted by the time I got back home. this year I parked...
  12. pamsknees

    TKR Its been 1 year!!

    @gooseisland1 - happy knee anniversary! I’m so glad that you’re doing well
  13. pamsknees

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    It’s been a year now since my bilateral knee replacements- what a year it’s been! I had no idea when I went in, that when I left the hospital, the whole world would be shut down & stay shut down for a year. The new knees have changed my life. I got an Ebike in July & have put 1100 miles on it...
  14. pamsknees

    TKR New and even more scared

    @Carmencita it is terrifying going into it ......I had both of mine done on Mar 16 & it has completely changed my life. No more pain & my knees no longer dictate what I’m able to do. Best wishes for a fast recovery for you.
  15. pamsknees

    TKR Birdwatcher's recovery thread

    Great photos! Sounds like you are doing well with lots of walking. How nice that you got to see your daughter & grandkids. I miss seeing mine.That dream doesn’t sound pleasant at all! I rarely have dreams that I remember......the only one recently was a great dream about being retired......I...
Back
Top Bottom