Recent content by Paddles10

  1. Paddles10

    THR 14 Oct out yesterday morning

    All is progressing well thanks. Walking a couple of miles every couple of days, 20 min on the bike erg daily, light weights and resistance bands added to body weight exercises. Still weak and some discomfort if I stretch things just a bit too far. Still have some work to do but generally...
  2. Paddles10

    THR Home. (Ouchie)

    Sounds like you're working very hard. A few simple things that I haven't seen that I do. I'm one day behind you. While you're sitting, are your feet up all the time? Do you sleep with a pillow between your legs if you are on your side? Of course you are Icing. What stretching are you doing...
  3. Paddles10

    THR 14 Oct out yesterday morning

    Yes, this was the clear tape over the top then gauze and then the mesh. The 1% hydrocortisone OTC didn't touch it. Definitely can't wait to put this behind me!
  4. Paddles10

    THR 14 Oct out yesterday morning

    Hi, Thanks. I was more than ready for the cane and hobbled about around the house really well for a couple of days. Pushed it a little and went shopping with my wife yesterday. Two 30 minute walks with a car ride in between. Felt a little twinge a couple of times like a tendon or muscle...
  5. Paddles10

    THR Home. (Ouchie)

    Make sure you do some stretching and flexibility work on your opposite leg. A little heat on that leg wouldn't hurt.
  6. Paddles10

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    It is a tough adjustment for an athlete scaling back. You're going to loose a lot of aerobic conditioning during your recovery. You're young and you will get it back. One of my military friends had close to an inch difference. He has hiked the Appalachian trail end to end and the Camino...
  7. Paddles10

    THR 14 Oct out yesterday morning

    Two week check today. Off all meds but low dose aspirin. Increase weight bearing from 25% by 10%per day for the next 8 days. 100% on day 9 pushing the walker for 3 more days, then a cane. Rehab for the next month: simple stretching and range of motion plus stationary bike spin 10 minutes...
  8. Paddles10

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    hopnfox, Even on the second hip, there are unknowns, things you haven't felt, questions..... pretty normal I think. You're reestablishing always, emotions are allowed.
  9. Paddles10

    THR Home. (Ouchie)

    Are you still on a lot of pain meds? Does the ice ease your discomfort? Is she saying to ice 20 minutes to aide in recovery from training in addition to your normal icing protocol? Just thinking about this in context of both human and equine athletes I would be very cautious in following the...
  10. Paddles10

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    Things have definitely been moved around internally during your surgery. There will be a change in the external contours in the near term. All the muscles that were there still are. Right now rest, ice, take your meds, and heal.
  11. Paddles10

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    The first hurdle, you've gotten away from the hospital. Now get home to your recliner, the ice, and meds. Tylenol for pain, nsaids for inflammation. I had the luxury of Tramadol. I've taken 8 of the 50 in the scrip. Taken at night it was just enough so that I could sleep. Now at 8 days out...
  12. Paddles10

    THR Home. (Ouchie)

    How do you feel this morning? Now I am 10 years older than you so my "results may vary" but..... How fit were you before the surgery? How much exertion/rehab does your doc recommend at this stage? How much pain are you in? What is most important to you? How much do you weigh? How was the...
  13. Paddles10

    THR Home. (Ouchie)

    Watch the exercise this early. After the soft tissue trauma from the surgery my doc didn't want me to do anything but elevate, ice, and move with a walker 10 minutes every 2 hours for the first two weeks. The exercise I am permitted at this point are little more than calf and quad stretches...
  14. Paddles10

    THR Home. (Ouchie)

    Yes there is a not to exceed on the Tylenol. The tramadol is up to 4 times a day 50 or 100 mg, so up to 400 mg. Not even close to max on tramadol @ 1 or two tabs per day.
  15. Paddles10

    THR Home. (Ouchie)

    Looks like I have a lot more meds available with Tylenol, celebrex, tramadol, and oxy. Managing pain with the first two plus ice and an occasional tramadol. Walking 10 -15 minutes every two hours or so plus ankle flexions, quad tensing. Only allowed 25% weight bearing on the new hip for first...
Back
Top Bottom