Recent content by oznut

  1. oznut

    THR Follow the yellow brick road....

    Got my walking papers....literally. My follow-up appointment yesterday went well. I am in awe of my xrays.....all that titanium that wasn't there 8 months ago! Today I did 30 minutes (2.2 miles) on level 1-2 on the eliptical & felt pretty good.....I return to my part-time work in 2 weeks &...
  2. oznut

    THR Follow the yellow brick road....

    Thanks Sharon. That makes total sense. I can definitely tell the difference without it. I don't want to regress & the pain is trying to tell me something. I may try an Extra Strength Tylenol & keep up the Turmeric. I see my doc next week for xray....baby steps, right? :tiredwheel: I am...
  3. oznut

    THR Follow the yellow brick road....

    I can testify that there are good days 7 not so good days. I have some aching in my lat quad this morning. I am wondering if going off the Celebrex & baby aspirin are the cause. I started the Turmeric & still getting around but reluctant to take any other meds. Ice & rest & a shorter walk...
  4. oznut

    THR Follow the yellow brick road....

    Thanks for weighing in....today I finally hit the 6 week mark. I just took my last dose of Celebrex & baby aspirin....yipppeeeee!!!! I drove to the library yesterday & then to get some ice cream for a treat! I am also cane free sooooooooo just need to have my official follow-up appointment &...
  5. oznut

    THR Follow the yellow brick road....

    5 weeks & 2 days but still counting down to driving, being cane free & returning to work..... I have a question for those in the know. I will complete my 6 weeks of Celebrex & baby Aspirin this week (YAY). I still take Melatonin at bedtime....BUT any thoughts about starting back on...
  6. oznut

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    29 days & counting....now I have a matching set of anterior THR scars!
  7. oznut

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    I love your enthusiasm & optimism....BUT listen to your body! I am 4 weeks post anterior total hip #2. The first was 6 months earlier. My surgeon is all for walking to tolerance but no formal PT program. It really does take about 12 weeks for healing & my older new hip is just now feeling...
  8. oznut

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Good luck Minnie & Chuck! There is light at the end of the tunnel.....it is a long journey but so worth it! I am 7 months post (L) hip & 3.5 weeks post (R) hip. I feel like a new (sane) person & you will too very soon! :dancy:
  9. oznut

    Hip Infection Anterior THR Recovery by KCDawg34

    I just want to chime in as an official double hippie - my newest hip is 3 weeks old now & (knock titanium) is holding up well. I am walking with a cane & off pain meds. The 2nd time is so much easier & it really makes total sense when you don't have to rely on an old arthritic hip during...
  10. oznut

    THR Follow the yellow brick road....

    Thanks for the encouragement. Cheer's to all the super bionic hipsters! :dancy:
  11. oznut

    THR Follow the yellow brick road....

    Thank you. I am impressed you could handle 2 at once but everyday has new challenges & we are now bionic & getting stronger by the day! It is hard to be patient, huh? Take care! :wave:
  12. oznut

    THR Follow the yellow brick road....

    Congrats on the 8 week anniversary....I have a folding cane that fits in a large purse for down the road. For now I have "blinged" my cane with some gold ribbon. Baby steps.... Here's to bionic hipsters!
  13. oznut

    THR Follow the yellow brick road....

    Day 13 - wound check today with PA - glue held up & only a little drainage. No swelling & minimal pain. The stool softners & prune juice finally worked their magic & I am happy to be over the hump. I ditched the walker in favor of the cane. Tomorrow I am permitted to go upstairs for a very...
  14. oznut

    THR Follow the yellow brick road....

    Thanx Jacey! :bow:
  15. oznut

    THR Follow the yellow brick road....

    OK - post op day 9 started off great. I used my cane a bit more & did my small loops around the backyard again but think I may have jumped the gun...my ankle is now swollen for the first time since surgery. Is this normal? I guess this evening will be a stay in bed with my leg elevated kind of...
Back
Top Bottom