Recent content by Ozinthedesert

  1. O

    THR The other side!

    As usual @Layla I appreciate the reassurance and the knowledge I am not alone in my experience.
  2. O

    THR The other side!

    Happy New Year! Dropping back in to say hi and update my progress. Thank you @Layla for the congratulations - 3 months seems all at once like a lifetime ago and the blink of an eye! I am amazed at my recovery. My walking is smooth most of the time. I have done a lot of work on strengthening my...
  3. O

    THR The other side!

    Time has lost all meaning to me this year. I can’t believe it is almost Thanksgiving and can’t believe Monday marks 7 weeks since my surgery. I started PT this past week. Some very gentle stretching and some very light massage on some very tight muscles felt so good and reduced my aches and...
  4. O

    Revision THR Golfer67 Recovery Thread

    @golfer67 I am so sorry to hear you are still in pain. I can’t imagine how that is effecting every aspect of your life, especially since we all go into this with the goal of being pain free and getting on with our lives. Remember those professional golfers are surrounded by a team to help keep...
  5. O

    THR I am now bionic

    I am so happy for you @Softtail. And you do give me hope about returning to normal activities. You have always, through out your posts, been honest, realistic and positive. I appreciate you sharing your recovery journey!
  6. O

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    I needed to hear this too @Paddles10 so thank you. @LMBC I only just gave up my cane this week, 5 weeks post op and even then I’m still using it first thing in the morning and maybe at the end of the day depending on what I have been doing. I am not feeling that LLD nearly as much as I was even...
  7. O

    THR Teacher Turkey Time Surgery 11/19/20

    The best advice I can give you is not to focus too much on the “expected” timelines and try to take it as it comes. Which is most definitely a case of “do as I say, not as I do” if you take a look at my recovery thread! My OS painted a very rosy picture, and while everyone around me has told me...
  8. O

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    @LMBC I am so impressed you walked that far! Well done. I am itching to get back to some activity. I miss my workouts and I haven’t ran a step since March. As I have been told many times in these forums, you are early in the recovery journey and you need to take it easy. But I also hear that...
  9. O

    THR The other side!

    I’ve been off the walker a while now @Woodstockhip and using the cane. I do walk off without that especially in the kitchen - it’s just easier! But gosh I limp badly when I don’t use it. And when I put full weight on my leg I get pain in a very specific spot on my inner thigh. It’s not the...
  10. O

    THR Bone-on-Bone

    I was bone on bone in my right hip. I ran a marathon in January and now here I sit one month post op from a THR. The diagnosis in June came at a huge shock and many tears were shed. And while I am still in recovery, I am confident I made the right decision. The arthritis pain was gone the second...
  11. O

    THR The other side!

    In some ways, I can’t believe it’s been a month all ready. And then in others it has been the longest month ever. Looking back I have come along way and it truly is amazing given the major surgery I had. But I can’t help but be a little down and frustrated at not being further along in recovery...
  12. O

    THR The other side!

    Please welcome me to the ODIC. It was bound to happen, if I’m honest. Try as I might, I could not quell that inner voice that drove me in my running days. I got this. I can do just a little more. It all started this morning when I got out of bed and felt the best I have done since this all...
  13. O

    THR 5 weeks post-THR

    I‘m impressed with the sock achievement too. It got cold enough for me to need them today for the first time as well, and I needed to get my husband to help. Try as I might, I was just not going to be able to reach that foot! I had anterior too, on 28th. OS last week told me I have one...
  14. O

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    I had the opposite of this. Half my butt was so swollen I felt like I was half a Kardashian! :heehee: I’m sure your butt is not missing, just rearranged!
  15. O

    THR Just kind of a bummer

    Oh @LMBC hang in there. We all completely empathise and have been there. I too had unrealistic expectations and was disappointed when reality didn’t meet those expectations - even as early as day 3 post op. I was in tears, in pain and questioning what I had done. But after lots of ice, lots of...
Back
Top Bottom