Woodstockhip
senior
I started with the cane when I realized I'd hopped up and taken a few steps without the walker. I practiced a bit with one of the visiting nurses, and she encouraged me to try the cane in the morning when I was most rested and alert. I still keep the walker by my bedside for middle of the night bathroom runs. If I get up after sitting for a bit, I have to stand there with the cane, just to straighten out a bit. I also had a bit of low blood pressure after the surgery, so movements had to be slow and mindful, which isn’t a bad idea in any event.
United States

Your recovery sounds very much like how mine was going at this time out from surgery.


with you. Listen to your hip and try to be kind to it and yourself. Have a peaceful day.
The ODIC is definitely not a nice club...let's hope your membership is short.